Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI Note issues after FW 4.0

Hi Community!

I have been running my Deluge-based Synth setup for a few months without any issues. Everything worked perfect. After the update to 4.0 MIDI problems began.

The MIDI routing:
MIDI Keyboard via USB => Deluge => Active Midi Hub => multiple hardware synths

Recently, after updating to 4.0, I had the following issues with MIDI notes:
- Notes are sometimes not sent (or go missing on the way?) resulting in missing notes on the external synths
- "Notes off" are sometimes not sent (or go missing on the way?) which causes the connected synth to play a note forever
- This ONLY happens when MIDI is coming form Deluge. When I play the MIDI Keyboard this has never happened.
- This seems to occur in random situations: I playback an arrangement on Deluge, everything fine. I play it back a second time, stuck and missing notes.

This make the setup practically unusable because i often have forever stuck notes being played on the external synths.

Troubleshooting so far:
- Updated all synths to their latest firmware
- Replaced active MIDI hub with a brand new one
- Recorded Deluge's MIDI into a DAW to visually see whats going on - same issues (no notes/stuck notes)

Any ideas, recommendations or thoughts which might help me to fix this are very welcome.
I am not sure if this is even caused by Deluge. Any suggestions are welcome!

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

have you removed the active midi hub and had only one external synth connected to the deluge to see if the issues persist?

Thanks for the hint reza, that helped me solving it. A cable replacement did the job as it seems.