MIDI Note issues after FW 4.0
I have been running my Deluge-based Synth setup for a few months without any issues. Everything worked perfect. After the update to 4.0 MIDI problems began.
The MIDI routing:
MIDI Keyboard via USB => Deluge => Active Midi Hub => multiple hardware synths
Recently, after updating to 4.0, I had the following issues with MIDI notes:
- Notes are sometimes not sent (or go missing on the way?) resulting in missing notes on the external synths
- "Notes off" are sometimes not sent (or go missing on the way?) which causes the connected synth to play a note forever
- This ONLY happens when MIDI is coming form Deluge. When I play the MIDI Keyboard this has never happened.
- This seems to occur in random situations: I playback an arrangement on Deluge, everything fine. I play it back a second time, stuck and missing notes.
This make the setup practically unusable because i often have forever stuck notes being played on the external synths.
Troubleshooting so far:
- Updated all synths to their latest firmware
- Replaced active MIDI hub with a brand new one
- Recorded Deluge's MIDI into a DAW to visually see whats going on - same issues (no notes/stuck notes)
Any ideas, recommendations or thoughts which might help me to fix this are very welcome.
I am not sure if this is even caused by Deluge. Any suggestions are welcome!
Many thanks in advance!