Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines
[Bug] External MIDI sequencers are off-time when arrangement is played from current view
- Get out an external instrument with a sequencer, like a groovebox. (I'm using Model:Cycles.) Create a pattern on it. Connect to Deluge and make the appropriate settings for it to be slaved to Deluge's MIDI clock.
- Create a synth clip. Put something not too busy in the synth clip (like some 8th notes) otherwise it'll be confusing
- In the arrangement create a long instance of the synth clip, long enough to span pages.
- Press play. Everything's fine. Press stop on the Deluge and stop on the external instrument to reset its sequencer.
- Scroll to somewhere in the middle of the arrangement and play from there (hold scroll left/right and press play). The external instrument sounds a bit early, and the Deluge sounds late. Sounds like ~50 ms.
In my arrangement, I happen to also have some MIDI clips. Don't know if that could affect things. I'll try removing them to see if that makes a difference. (Update: it didn't)
Wild guess but maybe a bug in the latency compensation logic?
Post edited by roger on