Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Share the RoadMap please?

jurgisjurgis vilniusBeta Tester Posts: 31

Although I understand and commend the team's decision to limit feature requests, I believe that sharing details of what to expect would be fair with those who have faithfully stuck with this special device.

I have had the deluge since 2019 and to this day have not been able use it in a live performance environment. Although I praise the team's constant efforts to upgrade the unit and bring some amazing functionalities (mpe, looping, euclidian sequencing, etc), there are certain core issues that seem to have not been polished off; these are not so much new features as much as basic or already existing functionalities that fail to work fully in a robust and trusted manner so as to make it to a professional environment, namely;

• effect pops & clicks
  • midi mapping standards: assignable cc to all basic functions and parameters e.g. master FX, FX, Synth+Kit master volume, FX, parameters, unquantized mute, etc. Also program change recieve is a pretty ubiqutous function that is missing
  • looping: Unquntized loop punching, overdub, and Looping/ audio record without having to re-select the track constantly
  • stability

I fully respect Ian's comment that "if the unit doesn't do something, don't expect it to do so in the future". Fair enough. This magical box already does so much more than so many other units in a playfully graceful manner. But I think it is also fair to share some info with supporting community members on what issues will get priority in the future, especially when many these issues are not "new features" but rather "completion of previous features".

I trust this thread may begin a discussion on what to expect, how we can support, and where the deluge might accompany us in future years; hopefully big stages and transcendental experiences for thousands.

bestest,

Comments