β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Acoustic drum kits

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

A couple of nice acoustic drum kits, based on free kits available online!
I've made Deluge presets for most of the samples, with velocity layers etc, squeezing the most out of the samples and the sound engine.
Spent a good bit of time organizing and converting samples, optimizing XMLs and such.

There are some neat tricks to get some extra use out of some sounds, and to increase 'realism'.
For example, low velocity snare with arp on, octave set to 1, in CUT mode with a bit of release, fast arp rate around 32, and a tiny smidge of fast delay (sync off) gives a nice snare bounce roll.

Sounds' pitch mapped to Random, depth of 2-3, and filter mapped to Random, around 10, gives a pseudo round-robin feel.
LPF cutoff set to 38ish, -12db oct filter, cutoff mapped to Velocity, depth at around 20, gives quasi velocity layers.

----> Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tl9oc4jy-RrUBh6rguflwT7uRD1nc00W?usp=sharing

Put the folders in the SAMPLES folder inside your own SAMPLES folder on your SD card.
Put the contents of the KITS folder inside your own KITS folder.

Enjoy πŸ‘

Side note: Try putting an open drive filter on whole kits to get some delicious dirt.
Affect entire kit -> Press Resonance gold knob (screen says DRIV).

The sample volumes going into the kit filter determines how much drive.
Affect entire drive filter has higher headroom than individual sounds' filters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I found links for most of the samples here, some of these free drumkits' original links and sources are already dead, like Analogue Drums being closed for business, so its great to be able to preserve these free gifts through time:)
https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/discussion/484/acoustic-slate-kits-for-download-and-thoughts-on-making-beats-in-ns2

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

Post edited by Icoustik on

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

dudee <3

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@volsteh said:
    dudee <3

<3

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

Thank you very much! I will abuse these with great care!

recursorrecursor UKPosts: 33

These are great @Icoustik ! thanks for taking the time. I'm a bit confused on how to load them in... If I use the normal load 'all' into kit method they do all come in, but I'm not sure how they are then multisamples.... in some cases there's 10 snares for example on separate rows... is this how it's meant to be? I thought they would be velocity based :-/

I did this:

"Put the folders in the SAMPLES folder inside your own SAMPLES folder on your SD card.
    Put the contents of the KITS folder inside your own KITS folder."

Any help appreciated!