Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Do Global MIDI Commands not respond to CC?

feijaifeijai Washington, DCPosts: 43

Section 12.4 just says...

The Deluge can be controlled at a system level for example play and stop, using external MIDI commands. Any external controller can be used including a keyboard, pads or a foot controller switch.

... and that's it. It doesn't say what kinds of MIDI commands can be used to control it, nor does it say how to tell it's been mapped (it says "Set" -- different from "Lear" used elsewhere), nor does it say how to unmap it (you turn the select knob to "none", it seems). I've now tried on two different controllers via USB and 5-pin DIN, and it appears that Global MIDI Parameters cannot be mapped to CC! Just to notes! Can anyone verify this? Or am I missing something?

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Section 12.4, pages 247 & 248 do indeed cover all those points you mentioned. It’s talks about SET and how to unmap commands.
    And yes, commands must be triggered by MIDI notes.

I see, so the explanation of how to set up a foot controller setup is, I guess, meant to be an example of the general case of binding to parameters. Was very confusing as the general discussion on 247 didn't address any of my questions. Sure would be better if this section were rolled into the general parameter mapping discussion.

[Ugh, clicked on wrong button and it now says question not answered: it has been]