Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Save Error Code - Will not Save

taktak Posts: 31

I am trying to save a beat I am working on and when I try to save, I get a flashing "Error" warning and it won't save. I pulled the card and made sure it had space on it, so it's not a space issue. And I am able to use the card on my computer, so I don't think it's a card issue. What causes this error code when trying to save?

Answers

edited August 2022

Tried formatting the card and reinserting and now I got a freeze up with E366 on the screen.

If anyone knows what the save error stems from, or what E366 is, I'm curious to find out.

Post edited by tak on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I would make sure you are on the latest firmware release and that the card isn’t locked. If possible, try another card if you can.

edited August 2022

Thanks Too_Mere. Using latest firmware so that isn't it. As for the card, it had just successfully saved on a beat during the same session. Created a new beat with the same drum track and then it gave the error

Formatted the card (with GUI Format), copied everything back onto it and it is saving again. But if anyone knows what causes that "error" screen, or what a E366 error is, I'd love to know.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Post edited by tak on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Tagging @rohan as he may have more insight on E366.

Glad it’s working now! 👍🏼

edited August 2022

Unfortunately, this viper bit again and I lost another beat. Same process - repeatable but not sure exactly what is causing it.

I create a beat, save it as a collection, and all is fine (saved as, say 01)
    Then I make a derivative beat using some of the same samples/sounds, while recording new tracks (in addition to a vocal track from the in-line mic which is only on the derivative) and I try to save that (as say 01A) as a collection and I get the error and am unable to save the derivative.

Another bit of information - it saved one .wav file (and nothing else) to the new folder before apparently throwing the error code.

Took out the card, put it back in, then the machine froze just like previous night (although this time no code came up)

Turned Deluge off, turned it back on, loaded up "01", recorded some new tracks, and saved as a collection to 01A, and was able to save fine.

This sorta sucks but hopefully this can help address whatever is going on. This has now happened twice under the same circumstances so hopefully there is a reason. Both times I was trying to save a derivative as a collection, and both times the derivative had an audio track recorded with the mic in, and both times it refused to save. Card reads fine in the computer, card works fine in Deluge after power off and on, etc.

Post edited by tak on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

save as collection? are you "save and collect all" every time you save? are there issues when you just save normally by hitting save and hit save again without holding for "coll" to appear?

When I say save as a collection - I do indeed mean save & collect.

The error message popped up after I tried to save the new derivative beat (with the new tracks) with save & collect

After I received this error message, it wouldn't let me save either way

Both times the error happened, I have done the save & collect, but I don't know if it would've also happened if I had just hit save.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

I had this happen to me too. But it was intermittent.

Same thing has been happening to me. I'm just doing a regular save though. I'm on 4.1.3. OLED retrofit.