β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Trimming Blank space at the end of arranger view

auxoctauxoct United StatesPosts: 14

I want to trim a considerable amount of blank space at the end of my song in arranger view. This is important because I need to be able to cue up the next song at the end of that track. I have tried [shift] <>, but the problem is, it only moves the clips in view and not the whole track. Is there an easy way to trim this blank space at the end?

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

I don't think there can be empty space on the end in the arranger, you mean the playhead actually plays it without sound? Is it possible there's a clip or something up or down you not taking into account? Also, how would you cue another track? In arranger mode the song stops on the end?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

There is space at the end of the track where I had once had material, but no longer do. The playhead will go through this empty space (maybe dozens of measures) without playing any sound. What I would like to do is to cue the next track so that it plays when the current track stops. I have supposed that it does not because of the blank sound at the end, but maybe there is something else that prevents this from working as described?

I think my workaround is to just switch to song view at the end of a track and switch from there. It would be cool if you could switch in the way that I described, but if it doesn't work like that then I can live with it.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@rohan this does seem like unintended behavior. Possible bug.
    If clips are shortened in arranger view, the arrangement seems to end playback where it should. But if another song is queued to load, the song waits until the original clip length before loading the new song. The song will load quicker if the clips were short to begin with.