Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Song / Midi Template

solflaresolflare AustraliaPosts: 5
edited August 2022 in Deluge Help

Can I save a template of midi mappings to external controller in a song, then load up that song each time as my initial project and start from there. Then just switch to new preset sound but retain the mappings on each track?

So I'm looking for a way to have the deluge pre-mapped to my controller with a template or default song, so that I don't have to midi remap everything every time or remap each time I choose a new preset. Can this be done or is there a good way to tackle this?

Post edited by solflare on

Answers

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

yes, you can. you will save a template song and load it up everytime you want to start. just make sure to save as a new file with a new name early on so you don't accidently overwrite the original template. for midi mapping, the clips and the midi channel will always work when switching presets, however gold knob/parameter mappings won't transfer from preset to preset.

solflaresolflare AustraliaPosts: 5

@reza said:
    yes, you can. you will save a template song and load it up everytime you want to start. just make sure to save as a new file with a new name early on so you don't accidently overwrite the original template. for midi mapping, the clips and the midi channel will always work when switching presets, however gold knob/parameter mappings won't transfer from preset to preset.

Thanks, currently i'm using deluge as multitimbral sound module and keeping all the midi clips in ableton and sending to it. The template song saves some time as the keys stay mapped but having to remap all assignments each time is laborious but it seems that's just the work method I'll need to get used to.