β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

BPM Matching Between Tracks

Louis_in_The_LabLouis_in_The_Lab Johannesburg South AfricaPosts: 16

When I play live, I jump between different 'songs' which just hold the midi data for my synths. One problem I've been having is the instant jump or drop in BPM when loading a new song (Because the Deluge is my master clock).

To summarise and give context: When playing live I'll play a full song on the deluge and when its done, I'll load a new song and when that new song loads, it immediately jumps to that songs BPM. Is there any way of BPM matching the previous song to a newly loaded one.

If anyone has any clue if its possible to BPM match songs as you load a saved song, please let me know how.

Solutions I've found so far: Just increase decrease the current song's bpm to match the next one's BPM. The problem with this is that I can't memorise all the song's BPM's. I've considered renaming all my songs to include the BPM, but I've already got a somewhat complex naming system that communicates patch data for my synths and I'm looking for an easIer solution.

Alternate solution: match all of my songs BPM's before playing the live. So just go and change all the BPM's and save them again. My problem with this is that it sounds very boring to me to play a whole set without changing the tempo and its quite limiting in terms of 'playing live' to not be able to adjust the tempo.

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited July 2022

Yes, there is a setting...

Found under MIDI, CLOCK, MAGN

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Louis_in_The_LabLouis_in_The_Lab Johannesburg South AfricaPosts: 16

Bro, thank you so much.