Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can Deluge send RUN/CLOCK signals when "play" command is triggered remotely?

daniel_leinaddaniel_leinad MadridBeta Tester Posts: 3

Hi everyone, I’m using my Deluge to secuence modular gear (amazing how easy and powerful this box can do this) but I have an issue…

When I hit “play” on the Deluge, it sends the “run” command as expected BUT if it runs remotely and I send the play command via MIDI (from an Akai Force in my case), the Deluge starts playing but the “run” command isn’t send, and so the modular gear remains stopped.

To be precise, CV is sent, as the own secuencer of the Deluge is running, but neither the Gate 4 (Clock) or Gate 3 (Run) are triggered. I have a Force as center of my setup, and in some cases I would use the Deluge as "eurorack sequencer" as part of it.

Thanks for your ideas!!!

Tagged:

Answers

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67
    edited July 2022

I'm not 100% sure I understand. But from what you say I think you're expecting the Deluge to send a Gate signal clock/run when you trigger the Deluge from you Akai? However, what's not clear is what you're using the Deluge for, and what are you sending from your Deluge?

Akai (via midi) >>> Deluge (gates 3/4) >>> more equipment?

I use the Deluge in various modular set-ups, and it always seems to work fine. However, haven't tried this configuration, but, from what you say there's something missing. The gates won't do anything (I would imagine) unless you have a CV track set up and running on the Deluge.

I hope that makes sense - or maybe that's what you're doing anyhow?

Post edited by joesh on
    rstackrstack Posts: 4

Hello,

I'm having what I think are some similar issues, though with USB rather than CV. Hopefully I can try to explain it here. I have a USB Hub attached to my deluge, and a foot controller on the hub setup to send a midi note which is learned as the 'Play' function in the deluge global settings.

Similar to the above, I can hit the 'Play' button on my Deluge, which starts the Deluge sequencer running, and sends a start/clock via USB which triggers an external device to start it's clock, etc.

If I use a USB midi foot control to trigger the 'Play' command it will start/stop the Deluge as expected. It seems to also send a start message via USB, however it never sends a clock (or at least not more than one pulse, hard to tell) like it does if I use the Play button.

I've tested this with multiple USB midi devices and get the same result. Both an Expert Sleeper FH-2 and a keyboard with a sequencer.

Seems like a similar problem to the above, I've been trying various ways of connecting this for a while now with no luck, so if anyone has any ideas, they'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

Similar problem here with starting Deluge from Ableton - even though I'm now starting the Deluge using the Clock In rather than midi... Did anyone ever find a solution?