Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Getting linnstrument to work with deluge

KevKev Toronto, Canada Posts: 7

Hi, I’m looking for assistance with getting my linnstrument to work with my deluge. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thank you

Comments

cube48cube48 EUBeta Tester Posts: 24

Hi, what's the problem?

Hi there, thanks for asking. I plug it in via usb and pads don’t trigger any sound.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Are you familiar with the MIDI learning process on the Deluge?
    Hold the learn button + the audition pads, while holding, press a note on the Linnstrument.

Hi thanks for the reply, yes, I tried that and it didn’t work. Do you have a linnstrument?

Hi, thanks for replying. I tried that, it didn’t work.

Do you own a linnstrumnet?

I do. Works great with the Deluge!
    You also must have the Deluge connected to DC power and Linnstrument connected before powering on the Deluge for it to boot into host mode.

Sorry for the double post. New to this

Nice!
    I did that as well. Could it be a setting on the linnstrument?

Tried again, It’s working, must have been plugging everything in first, step I missed.

I Used midi learn after plugging in everything As suggested.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

edited June 2022

In Linnstrument global settings you need to select between USB or MIDI output.

Post edited by Too_Mere on

Nice! Happy to help👍🏼

Ian_Jorgensen
    tomtobblestoptomtobblestop Portland, Maine, USABeta Tester Posts: 16

I'll tack onto this since I'm playing with a loaned Linnstrument: you might find as I did that some notes intermittently don't trigger. If so you might want to learn the mapping again but press many many notes of different pressure and location. When I only did a few, I think the Deluge didn't pick up the full range of channels notes make come from. I noticed in the Deluge settings for MIDI / Devices / MPE / dIN for Lower I had only 4 and Upper 10. When I mashed more thoroughly during learn step, that changed to Lower of 15 and Upper of 'off'. This may depend on Linnstrument settings, note the Per-Split -> MIDI Mode. For me I'm having best results with ChPerNote instead of One Chan (which isn't really MPE).

I find that I miss the ability to quickly change root note and modes (i.e. Lydian) the way Deluge does it. I've started a forum post here: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8486147#p8486147

By default Deluge takes the Y coord and maps to filter cutoff frequency, which can be unwieldy.

All that said, these two are very fun to put together!