Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V1.4.0 released

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Available in the downloads section.

-- Note probability, and iteration dependence (e.g. "play on the 3rd of every 4 track iterations")
-- Copy / paste current track-screen view
-- Copy / paste automation
-- Track solo mode
-- Multiple tracks may send to the same MIDI output channel
-- File browser scrolls long filenames left and right so you can read them, and now orders files alphabetically
-- "Undo" now works in song view for note recording and parameters / automation
-- Fixed problem where DC offset could build up in delay, leading the sound to "fuzz out"
-- Samples now default to CUT mode if longer than two seconds, and to LOOP mode if shorter than 20ms (to create single-cycle waveform synths)
-- Many other bugfixes

Please note that songs saved with this firmware version will not be properly readable using firmware versions prior to V1.3.1

See our video demoing some of the new features.

To install the update, unzip the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

Tagged:

Comments

MisakMisak RussiaPosts: 1

<3

Bene_BavareseBene_Bavarese MunichPosts: 1

Read the newsletter ten minutes ago. At first I was just flabbergasted, as I read further I got goosebumps and then immediate happiness spread inside me. You're doing a pretty great job and I love my Deluge! :)
    Would love to meet you in Munich at any time.

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108
    What a great addition to this unit.. it just keeps getting better and better
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

ahhhh what a nice update. samples default is a big relief. thanks.

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    Yes! @amiga909 being able to just browse thru single cycle waves instantly, and have them playable on load is just great really.
    RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108
    When I browse the single cycles all I get it a single play of the wave form (A very short burst) in the preview. It loads in as a loop when loaded into the synth . Am i missing something here. i would love to be able to preview the sounds without loading them in first
    Yes, on preview its just a snip. Sample load while your browsing without having to downpress first to select would be nice and has been requested. I dont know if that feature would involve loading the whole sd card into RAM though? Might be why its not implemented?
    I was referring to not having to go in and set loop on everytime i wanted to audition a single cycle wav sound.
    MoonWolfMoonWolf United KingdomPosts: 50

This update is just awesome.
    A thousand thanks. :)

MaZmiThMaZmiTh new yorkPosts: 7

+1 really want the "follow" feature now to auto scroll to the next portion of the sequence as the playhead offscreen