Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

4.0.0 FIRMWARE OUT NOW!

13»

Comments

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

The Deluge continues to grow and amaze. Huge thanks to Rohan and all the Synthstrom crew. Excellent work as ever. Thanks.

hoprockerhoprocker californiaPosts: 5

@reza said:

@luiscript said:
    Thank you so much for making deluge even better with this huge update.

I have noticed that NOISE & OSC SYNC buttons are switched with WAVETABLE buttons. When I press NOISE in the parameter matrix it selects the OSC1 wavetable position and OSC SYNC selects OSC2 wavetable position. Not a big deal, just to know if this happen to anyone else or something is wrong with my update.

you need to change your shortcut settings in the menu, they probably aren't set to 3.0 (or higher if this update updated the highest number possible)

Hi! I think I'm having exactly the same problem. Where do you find this shortcut setting? (@Ian_Jorgensen was amazingly responsive when I emailed support but he didn't have his Deluge around to check how to find this.)

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

@hoprocker said:
    Hi! I think I'm having exactly the same problem. Where do you find this shortcut setting? (@Ian_Jorgensen was amazingly responsive when I emailed support but he didn't have his Deluge around to check how to find this.)

posted on the previous page:
    enter menu: shift+press select encoder
    go to PADS, click to enter
    go to SHORTCUT
    switch from 1.0 to 3.0

hoprockerhoprocker californiaPosts: 5

Oh jeez I can't believe I missed that -- thank you!

DekalboyDekalboy FranceBeta Tester Posts: 35

does anyone has figured out the new file system on the 4.0 ?

i did not found any explaination about that and it sounds really nice

edited May 2022

Ok so I have understand the system .
    We just need to create some folders inside kits / synths and drag the kits / synths inside .
    You need to make LOAD+ KIT or LOAD + SYNTH. To find them , and not SHIFT+BROWSE .

also , when a kit is created and you want to change for another kit , you are obliged to create a new one because the deluge will only goes to the folder inside the kit after it has been created .

Ans Be careful with this : it seems that you must not rename an already created folder , because the deluge will not,recognize it anymore . Hopefully , This is not,the case by renaming kits and synths , where you can finally make a nice organization inside your files thanks to that .

Post edited by Dekalboy on
    RedpandaRedpanda BerlinPosts: 21

Ty so much for this, unbelievable what you achieved with this one.

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

Oh man. Like a whole new machine. Bought mine at 1.4 and remember watching the exciting 2.0 upcoming features.

Now at 4.0 and this thing is competing with some of the best hardware sequencers around.

Big thanks to Synthstrom for the machine that just keeps giving.

semarsemar Posts: 31

@Vondragonnoggin said:
    Oh man. Like a whole new machine. Bought mine at 1.4 and remember watching the exciting 2.0 upcoming features.

Now at 4.0 and this thing is competing with some of the best hardware sequencers around.

Big thanks to Synthstrom for the machine that just keeps giving.

I definately second that ! A BIG THANKS to the Synthstrom Crew from a more than happy user :-)

blindcinemablindcinema Posts: 13

Has anyone gone through and renamed all of the factory synths and kits and put them in folders yet?

Yes . It is working very nice . You can rename synths a,d kits l if you do not move / rename the samples library , all is ok

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

found a lil typo in the 4.0 manual (Chapter 4.6, page 81: Synthesizer Clip Parameters)

"Deluge has the some synth parameters in the affect group. However the full list of parameters is
    accessible from the sound editor or in part from shortcut options on the grid."

GoofamanGoofaman CA, USAPosts: 4

Just ordered! Can't wait to dive in!

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51
    edited May 2022

Thank you gus - what a nice update!
    My favourites are the sequencer functions and the folder organization.
    Is the micro timing in the sequencer new? Its when you hold down a note and shift it to left right...
    MPE i`ll try now :) What a wonderful blinky box it is ! :)

Post edited by kleinstar on
    HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

Quality of life update! Thank you for your hard works!!!!! keep up ...

cheers From Hungary

HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

Quality of life update! Thank you for your hard works!!!!! keep up
    cheers From Hungary

Retroboy_64Retroboy_64 Czech Republic, PraguePosts: 4

Update is amazing but I still must keep 3.1.5 version because some older finished tracks have audio drop outs in 4.0 ... I really hope for fix soon. I really need to use wavetable, sequencer too, but deluge now can keep much less fast sounds and time stretched loops. I use both a lot. Deluge CPU seems to be burdened more in new version.
    Can anyone answer me if it in solving?

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

@Retroboy_64:
    You can help fix this issue by providing @rohan a project where this issue occurs. :)

HAINEZeeHAINEZee United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 21
    edited May 2022

Not sure where to post a bug notification. Apologies if it's not here.
    So I noticed on FB, someone mention a crackling /bitcrush noise when scrolling through the TAL Synths... Thought I'd see if this was an issue and give it a go myself. First 30-40 patches loaded up fine as a Euclidean Sequence was playing, no problem. Then reached a point where every new TAL patch I rolled onto created the noise reported. I carried on scrolling through the patches... bitcrush noise remained, until eventually the sequence would play through just once then no further sound was output (despite the sequence still "playing"), then as I moved onto further patches, no sound was output at all and I was presented with the flashing "raM" error message... Even stopping the sequence and restarting does not resume sound, despite the sequence playing again... I wonder if there is some caching going on which is filling up the ram and not clearing old stored samples from it as new patches are scrolled over? It took about 10 mins of scrolling through syth patches, only one synth track running for the issue to reach this point. Oh, also could change to a midi or kit track at this point - RAM message was the only response to any keyed command, so had to restart the Deluge to get it working again.

Post edited by HAINEZee on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

@HAINEZee said:
    I wonder if there is some caching going on which is filling up the ram and not clearing old stored samples from it as new patches are scrolled over? It took about 10 mins of scrolling through syth patches, only one synth track running for the issue to reach this point. Oh, also could change to a midi or kit track at this point - RAM message was the only response to any keyed command, so had to restart the Deluge to get it working again.

Could be. I don't recognise the 'bitcrushing' or the ram message, but I recently loaded an older version of a track (with samples) that I was working at. It took a few mins to load. But when turning the machine off and on it took a few seconds to load it. So it seems there's not enough memory for caching everything.

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

B) Bravo again, for the Synth with the most Updates! Turning the Tables...

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

nebtugnebtug DeutschlandPosts: 29

Just a massive thanks to the Devs and all the people working on the Deluge.This device is just so freaking amazing and this massive update is just a joy to use.