Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Turn up affect controls on gold knobs then have them suddenly snap back to zero

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

I often like to turn up some effect, feedback on flanger, the amount of delay, the amount of distortion or reverb... turning it up over time... and then have it suddenly snap away to zero and the effect completely disappears.

I can't think of a way to do that with Deluge, am I missing something? I guess I could... suddenly switch to a copy of the instrument without the effects turned up, but timing on that after turning the select knob is a bit unpredictable.

Would it be more possible with an external controller?

Comments

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Isn’t this a simple parameter lock thing? Hold a note, twist the encoder. It should now have the value given for the duration of the note.

Some parameters can’t be automated though.

Or am I completely in the dark here?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@pogodance said:
    I often like to turn up some effect, feedback on flanger, the amount of delay, the amount of distortion or reverb... turning it up over time... and then have it suddenly snap away to zero and the effect completely disappears.

I can't think of a way to do that with Deluge, am I missing something? I guess I could... suddenly switch to a copy of the instrument without the effects turned up, but timing on that after turning the select knob is a bit unpredictable.

Would it be more possible with an external controller?

Yeah, with an external controller it would be possible. Using buttons to jump back to zero.
    But unfortunately the way Deluge handles learning momentary midi CC's i.e. button type controls isn't optimal.
    So ideally you'd need knobs/ faders/ continuous controllers to learn the CC's first, and then buttons with the same CC's to do the action. Hope that makes sense

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@jensg said:
    Isn’t this a simple parameter lock thing? Hold a note, twist the encoder. It should now have the value given for the duration of the note.

Some parameters can’t be automated though.

Or am I completely in the dark here?

They want to snap a parameter back to zero live so to speak, not automated :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

oneANToneANT ɹǝpun uʍop puɐlPosts: 73

Koka solved this for himself and then made an awesome video
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=v5S-9tiuhbg

edited May 2022

Now I get it.

It’s even easier, just record to arranger. Mess with a clips parameters. Stop this clip (for example briefly with shift + mute). Launch the clip again. It’s restored to its original settings.

Mind you, That’s recording to arranger and not resampling.

Post edited by jensg on

But the stick is an awesome idea nonetheless. Will try this too!