Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Regarding connecting deluge to usb hub and also ipad

njadinjadi Posts: 5

Hi, I just got a deluge (which is amazing). I've only ever worked in the box. I've tried to find older posts about this but was still having trouble or am left confused. Here are my questions.

1. My deluge doesn't recognize anything I connect to my usb hub (powered 3.0 atolla).. I have my deluge also charging via 9v to usb cord.

2. My ipad says the deluge has too much power for the ipad? I assume this is why AUM doesn't recognize it. But i thought if my deluge is being powered separately via the 9v to usb cord it should work.

3. Aside from the sd card, how best to directly record audio from deluge into daw (ableton live). What cord would i need to connect my deluge to my audio interface? via aux/headphone jack? Or is this not a thing.

Thank you for indulging a newbie.

Best Answer

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayPosts: 1,017
    Answer ✓

@njadi said:
    3. Aside from the sd card, how best to directly record audio from deluge into daw (ableton live). What cord would i need to connect my deluge to my audio interface? via aux/headphone jack? Or is this not a thing.

You can resample, i.e. record internally, a whole performance (and individual tracks as well, one by one)
    by holding Rec and then pressing Play (same action to end recording as well), it'll record all internal audio, locked to the sequence.

But you said aside from the sd card. So if you want to record directly into daw via audio interface, I'd recommend splitting your main outs; if you're sending Deluge to a mixer, you could send a separate output/ aux send from there to audio interface.
    Or, you could use Y-cables at the D's main outs.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Answers

Ok so I'm roaming the discord, I think I realized the problem for number 2, i wasn't powering the camera connection adapter separately, AUM now recognizes deluge.

edited May 2022

Thanks for the response lcoustik, by the splitting the main outs I take it you mean a cable that conjoins the D's outs into one stereo signal that runs a single cable into my audio interface. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Post edited by njadi on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@njadi said:
    Thanks for the response lcoustik, by the splitting the main outs I take it you mean a cable that conjoins the D's outs into one stereo signal that runs a single cable into my audio interface. If I'm wrong please let me know.

You could do that, if you have an input for it on your interface (TRS stereo input). Or, you could use 2 Y-cables, splitting both your main out left and right so you have 2 stereo signals with 4 TS/mono jacks. If I'm understanding correctly that you want to send audio to speakers plus the audio interface at the same time.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Nice thanks didn't know I could do all that, yeah I was hoping to just send the audio to my interface, my interface is hooked up to speakers. I'll look into those options, appreciate the quick responses.

I got the Y splitter coming out of the deluge and I've inserted into a line input on my audio interface, but all i see is mono signal coming in. Is this something just the way it is? I was hoping to have stereo. Thanks!