Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Controlling two external devices?

LonelyMachinesLonelyMachines Backwoods USAPosts: 8

I have an Arturia Drumbrute and a Korg Monologue. I'd like to hook them both to the Deluge. The idea is to have a track on the Deluge that plays through the Monologue (which I already know how to do) but also sync the Drumbrute. Neither of the external devices has MIDI thru.

Can this be done, and how would the workflow go?

Thanks!

Best Answer

TYDETYDE GermanyPosts: 16
    Answer ✓

Hi! :)

So I'm pretty new to the Deluge, but I've found a few ways to control my devices with it.

The Drumbrute should accept MIDI through USB, so you could look at using a Male Type B to Female Type A adapter from the deluge to a Type B USB cable into the Drumbrute. I'd say this is probably the easiest fully comprehensive way to control the Drumbrute from the Deluge.

If you'd just like to send Clock info to the Drumbrute, another option would be using a 3.5mm aux cable from one of the GATE ports from the deluge into the Drumbrute clock in, and creating a CV track on the Deluge that has a note on every 4 steps (or whatever subdivision you'd like to send). I'm about 80% sure this'll work, I did it this way with my Volca FM and was quite a fun experiment.

If you'd like to stick to MIDI DIN ports, I'd recommend getting a MIDI splitter, though I have no experience here, and might be worth digging around the forums a bit more regarding that.

Much love, and happy experimenting ♥

Answers

@TYDE said:

The Drumbrute should accept MIDI through USB, so you could look at using a Male Type B to Female Type A adapter from the deluge to a Type B USB cable into the Drumbrute. I'd say this is probably the easiest fully comprehensive way to control the Drumbrute from the Deluge.

I'll give that a shot. I'm somewhat ignorant of MIDI beyond connecting single devices together. Can I control one device via DIN and a second over USB?

Thanks!

TYDETYDE GermanyPosts: 16

@LonelyMachines said:
    I'll give that a shot. I'm somewhat ignorant of MIDI beyond connecting single devices together. Can I control one device via DIN and a second over USB?

Thanks!

yeah :)
    You most definitely can!

I have it working now, thanks!