Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Parallel probability / chop bug?

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Chop a 1 bar break into 8 on a kit, lay out the trigs, set them to 60%, then add 4 others with 10% each, sometimes none play on a step.

So, I cleared the pattern, and just laid out the 8 trigs with no probability, now sometimes the first one or two trigs get missed.

Can anyone replicate this?

Tagged:

Comments

Here is a short video showing the problem, note that none of the steps have probability - ie they are all 100, but previously they were set to 60% and 4 other trigs per step were each set to 10% as per the example posted by @Ian_Jorgensen in the tips thread.

https://www.veed.io/view/c1d52d5b-ad6a-4287-bf75-803f36f01691?sharingWidget=true

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

to your first point, if none play on a step, it might mean that some steps had probability turned on AND had a period "." at the end. whenever there's a period it tells the deluge to only play the step if the other probability step (i think of the same percentage) was triggered previously.

tried to replicate the second issue that the video documents with no luck, might be something there or there was somehow user error.

Thanks for testing, I tried it again with a different breakbeat and was not able to replicate the problem, I’m not sure that I did all the exact same steps as before. I can say with 100% certainty that the video example where the hits were being missed there was no probability causing the hits not to play, so I will try to figure out how to replicate it again. Unfortunately I did not save the song, which in hindsight I should have done.