Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI issues on FW 4.0

danut007rodanut007ro BucharestPosts: 11

Hello,

I'm using Deluge with Torso T-1 through a usb hub.
On FW 3.1.5 everything works, Deluge acts as a hub and passing the notes from Torso to whatever midi channel.
But on FW 4.0 nothing happens, the notes from Torso aren't passed anymore, Deluge is not able to learn from it either.

Tried downgrading and everything works as expected. So I believe this is either a configuration I'm missing or a bug of some sort.

Thank you.

Answers

After more testing I realized that there are some devices which don't work anymore in FW 4.0 on either ports and it's really strange.

In my setup, the MIDI out of the Deluge goes to a Blokas Midihub. From there it goes to a splitter and to my devices. It's strange because some of my devices don't receive MIDI messages on any ports even if they are connected using plain MIDI.

I have a Dreadbox Typhon on midi channel 2 and it works on FW 3.1.5 but not on 4.0.
    Also a Cobalt 8M on midi channel 3 and it works on both FWs.
    The USB hub connected to Deluge's USB has the Torso T-1 and a novation launchcontrol XL connected to it. The launchcontrol works on both FWs, but the Torso works only on FW 3.1.5

Tried changing ports between them (cobalt on 3 and typhon on 2) but the issue remains.

Too bad I already put my synths on folders, guess will rollback to 3.1.5 for now...

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Are all the devices working if you cut out the blokas and connect them directly to the deluge?

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199
    edited April 2022

Maybe you can set 'MIDI DIFFERENTIATION' to off and try again.

Post edited by djAzid on

I skipped blokas and connected directly, all devices worked except for T1.

Connected blokas again, all devices kept working except for T1.

MIDI DIFF is OFF, MIDI THRU is ON

On FW 4.0 only the Torso T1 doesn't seem to work.

T1 is connected to deluge through an usb hub. In the same hub I have the launchcontrol from which deluge receives midi messages.
    My only problem now is that the deluge doesn't receive midi messages from the T1.

This is not an issue on FW 3.1.5, if I downgrade everything works as expected.

HypostaticHypostatic Beta Tester Posts: 19
    edited May 2022

As Daniel and I were discussing on the Facebook group, I'm having the same problem with my ROLI LUMI. Used to work, but now even connected directly doesn't work even without MPE. I've tried with the new MIDI diff feature on and off, but my device seems never to register through USB. I can tell because on startup mode, the keyboard lights the keys in a certain way like it's 'looking' then powers off.

Also, I only have a DIN option under MIDI->Devi

Outbound MIDI works with my analog synths though. I have the MIDI Thru set to on.

The ROLI does require software from a computer to configure. But it was working straight out of the box in 3.14.

Another note: My old Akai MPK Mini also doesn't register.

Post edited by Hypostatic on

I will say though that everything else in the 4.0 is amazing! Just so y'all know that it isn't just problems. Incredible amount of work on this firmware release! Thanks!

MichaelMichael CanadaPosts: 10

I've run into a similar issue with the Atolla USB hub that works on 3.x but not 4 unfortunately... So far my devices appear to work with a direct connection but I'll need to figure out a new hub I guess.

@Michael said:
    I've run into a similar issue with the Atolla USB hub that works on 3.x but not 4 unfortunately... So far my devices appear to work with a direct connection but I'll need to figure out a new hub I guess.

I would also change my usb hub if would know for sure which one will work. For the moment i downgraded so I can use the T1 but would love to update to FW 4.0

@Michael said:

Ahh, and actually I don't think it's about the USB hub. I think the list of supported devices just got shorter or something. In my USB hub I also have a Novation LaunchControl XL which works great on FW 4.0, so I guess it's about some devices which aren't compatible anymore or something.

I am guessing the same. The ROLI is a bit obscure, but would think that both ends would have some common connection interface that is the same. And again, I think we both have tried without the hub. I also have the Novation LaunchControl XL which works fine.

MichaelMichael CanadaPosts: 10

@danut007ro said:

@Michael said:

Ahh, and actually I don't think it's about the USB hub. I think the list of supported devices just got shorter or something. In my USB hub I also have a Novation LaunchControl XL which works great on FW 4.0, so I guess it's about some devices which aren't compatible anymore or something.

In my case it’s exclusively the USB hub that no longer work’s unfortunately. All of my individual controllers appear to function normally when directly connected.

Even directly connecting the T-1 doesn't work in my case.

soundframessoundframes ItalyPosts: 5

I still have this problem. Can’t usb connect T1+D, no midi passed along…
    I’ve bumped into a “usb midi compability list” post. Most synths and controllers seem to work. T1 apparently just doesn’t. Back to din future.

@danut007ro said:
    Even directly connecting the T-1 doesn't work in my case.

JonHJonH United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

Hi @rohan @Ian_Jorgensen - I wanted to share a 4.1.3 Bug but not sure where exactly to post it. I recently bought a Midronome external clock and so have been using Deluge as slave for the first time. Here's the report;

**Title: **No Clock sent from Gate 4 when Deluge Slaved to Midi or 3.5mm Clk IN.
    **Description: **When Deluge is master clock, Gate 3 sends RUN signal and Gate 4 sends Clock 24PPQN to my modular (Pams) - and all works well. However, when Deluge is slaved (from Midi or Clk IN) I still see the Gate 3 is sending RUN ok, but no clock output at all from Gate 4 so completely out of sync. Have connected my Oscilloscope to verify no voltage coming from Gate 4.

Luckily I can configure the Midronome Clock out 3.5mm port to send 24ppqn to modular along with Run from Deluge Gate 3 so I have a work around :)