Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MPE and the microfreak

SlivizSliviz LondonPosts: 45

Hi guys. I am keen to get a microfreak and was wondering if when you make adjustments on the touch keyboard does it count as MPE and will the deluge record the automations the microfreak makes to the sound?

Comments

Delay_DudeDelay_Dude GermanyPosts: 16

That´s a good question. I would like to know it, too. If anybody has both devices, please let us know!

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I don't have it but a quick research brought up that it is not really mpe but rather polyphonic aftertouch - which people are using to control mpe enabled vsts in daws. So, not really mpe but still rather expressive. I think the limit here is that the microfreak won't put out x and y values for modulation, just z (= aftertouch). Could be wrong though.
    And there are a lot of people using the microfreak with the deluge. I saw posts from @Bay_Mud about this, maybe he can shed some light on this.

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 123

@Heptagen said:
    I don't have it but a quick research brought up that it is not really mpe but rather polyphonic aftertouch - which people are using to control mpe enabled vsts in daws. So, not really mpe but still rather expressive. I think the limit here is that the microfreak won't put out x and y values for modulation, just z (= aftertouch). Could be wrong though.
    And there are a lot of people using the microfreak with the deluge. I saw posts from @Bay_Mud about this, maybe he can shed some light on this.

I'm far from an expert here. I love using the MicroFreak and Deluge together, but haven't tried to see if the "press" on the MF maps to the Deluge in an appreciable way. Could do some experiments.

Delay_DudeDelay_Dude GermanyPosts: 16

I will ask Arturia at Superbooth22 about it.

SlivizSliviz LondonPosts: 45

Thanks guys. I ordered a microfreak anyway so will give it a try once I get it.

ryan_fmryan_fm Cleveland, OHPosts: 5

@Sliviz said:
    Thanks guys. I ordered a microfreak anyway so will give it a try once I get it.

Any update on this? Considering a microfreak as a companion to my new deluge, maybe replacing with my minilab mkII with it, curious how the aftertouch/pseudo-MPE works.