Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

long form ambient improv, Deluge + SOMA Cosmos......

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

if you find yourself with half an hour to just drift away....

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

The great Will, creator of sonic worlds, has blessed our ears with a universe again. 💜

@Heptagen said:
    The great Will, creator of sonic worlds, has blessed our ears with a universe again. 💜

Thanks so much. I'm almost embarrassed by your generous, well written comment, but - if you truly enjoyed it, I'm really pleased. I realize that the whole ultra ambient thing isn't everyone's cup of tea, but glad that - on line, we can connect as a community.....

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Not only did I enjoy this, I listened to it at least three times in full length. You did really well, I am fascinated by your skill to just whip these out as a live improv. I would try to lay it out in the arranger, overthink everything, be frustrated that it lacks "the spark" while at the same time dread the imperfections and never finish it. You seem to know yourself really well (your skills, what you're capable of pulling off) and I respect that a lot.

@Heptagen said:
    Not only did I enjoy this, I listened to it at least three times in full length. You did really well, I am fascinated by your skill to just whip these out as a live improv. I would try to lay it out in the arranger, overthink everything, be frustrated that it lacks "the spark" while at the same time dread the imperfections and never finish it. You seem to know yourself really well (your skills, what you're capable of pulling off) and I respect that a lot.

Wow, thanks so much for that comment. I can't believe that you actually listened to it more than once, in it's full length. What a compliment - and it means a lot coming from you, as I can tell that you're truly proficient on the Deluge yourself. I have a background as a rock drummer, and now, I really enjoy the ambient thing as a completely different and challenging focus. Really, the main struggle for me is to try and keep things minimal, and not overplay, not create too many elements which might be distracting from the hypnotic and meditative thing I'm working towards. .....the other reality is that, for each of my monthly Full Moon improv sessions, my ritual is to ingest some strong, mushroom tea, which is intended to get me to chill out a bit, get into a flow, and not think too much.

I can see that you know the Deluge really well. Really impressive. I love the idea of not owning dozens of pieces of gear (as I used to) and instead, get a good handle on a few pieces - so that I can be in more of a spontaneous zone, and not think too much.

Can't wait to listen to more of your stuff as well...........all the best......

;0)

semarsemar Posts: 31

Nice atmosphere Will, really good !
    Keep on the creativity :smile:

@semar said:
    Nice atmosphere Will, really good !
    Keep on the creativity :smile:

Thanks..................so nice of you to comment Semar