β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Tracks Drop Out

TsapioTsapio San RafaelBeta Tester Posts: 21
edited April 2022 in Deluge Help

I play 5 tracks in my song and one always drops out in certain moments. I am aware it's a card speed issue but I never had that problem with this few tracks before. All playing tracks are set to high priority. Is it simply the card speed?

Post edited by Tsapio on

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

do you have a arpeggio track and is set to poly? these can generate insane number of voices. shortening release on chord tracks also can help.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Good point but no, no arpeggio tracks

edited April 2022

maybe you using samples with very long silence tails? maybe the hihat? cropping them in waveform view may help

Post edited by volsteh on

maybe you accidentally set 90%ish chance on that snare dropping out?

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 153

Yeah,m..
    you have to save as much neck as possible by making small adjustments here and there such as putting mono the arpegiator, the drum kit sounds and deleting all the unnecessary sounds.. or even resampling finished parts to keep them in audio and deleting the original instrument, saving it under a new name without forgetting to collect all the samples..

That's what i do in that case

Yeah, I guess that's it/. It's not a card speed issue because I just tried a faster card with same results. It's a bottleneck in the unit processing itself. I'll try sampling the kits into a single instrument to give more room. Thanks for the help all.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

don't set all tracks to high priority. set only the track or kit rows that are dropping out to high priority (in this case the snare) and everything else to normal.

but yeah could be long tails, setting things that are poly to mono could save a ton of CPU. if you still have issues after adjusting priority, export the project out and i could check out clip by clip to see what's the biggest culprit. i know, for example, there's one stock synth preset that can absolutely decimate and slow down the deluge if you adjust it a little bit. the time i've run into cut outs was when only using samples for every sound in a song.

@reza YES! That was it! I didn't have everything set to High priority but more than necessary and setting only the dropout track to high fixed the issue. It's always something small. Thank you!!
    If I have another issue though where this doesn't fix it I may take you up on your offer. Thanks again!