Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Manual Sync Deluge to external audio

lobonivaloboniva BerlinPosts: 2
edited October 2021 in Deluge Help

Dear fellow Delugionists,

For jamming and mixing I somtimes want to synch the Deluge to an external Track. So how do you synch? With Vinyl you could mix it in, with DJ Software you could use midi synch but what about a an MP3 or tape Playing in the background?

Below is my current method. I would be glad for any hint. I have no background in vinyl DJing so even basic hints are highly appreciated.

Here is how I do thisis:
1. Tap the tempo to the track to synch, remember the synch BPM.
2. If beats aren´t aligned increase the deluge BPM and then lower to the synch BPM again
3. If beats still out of time repeat 2.

best Lobo

Post edited by loboniva on

Comments

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51
    edited February 2022

Hey..
    I am a bit late - but also experimented these days.. I also tapped the speed, then pressed play - its good fin 1-2-3-4-Play.. you can also press and hold <> and turn the pbm encoder to nudge - like manipulating the record speed like a dj.. I am also dj, but got not enough practice to get it right. About the direction of speed change: the manual says the oppisite way I think it wood work :) But couldnt figure out how much I should turn the encoder. Fot this you need beat-matching-skills mixing with records..
    Also you can hold <> and press play to start playing from the first beat to sync the start.
    The bpm range can only be set in one bpm steps, not the pbm digits - as far as I know. So it`s not possible to come close enough to let it run a while...
    With dj software you could use usb midi clock- but when I tried with tractor the clock was not stable enough to have it accurate- it was just too fast out of sync to have fun with it :(
    Thanks for beeing interestet in this :)
    Could you manage it? :)
    Roland

Post edited by kleinstar on