Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

- The Arrival - Zen track

NölkNölk FrancePosts: 8

Hey everyone!
Small chill soundscape attempt on the Deluge that I do not yet master, but that is exciting to learn. I hope you'll like it
(The buzz is due to a video export problem that I couldn't remove, sorry )

Post edited by Nölk on
Tagged:

Comments

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

I like this! The three main parts sit together really nicely. I especially like the evolving background pad. Really atmospheric and epic sounding. Sorry, there are better words I could use than that. You really have found the sweet-spots on the filter resonance.

I can definitely see myself listening to this again.

I am also interested to know the items in the picture are. The scene looks like a shrine of some kind. Is your intention for the music to have a spiritual/mystical purpose?

Thank you Alder Dice for your encouraging comment.
    I tried to subtly evolve the sound to "open up the space" (if I can put it that way) very gradually, to get a slow imaginary journey. I took the time to explore the filter to draw what made me vibrate the most, in return I recognize that the track is quite long. The goal was to offer a moment out of time, to escape his mind in the fine variations. I'm still far from mastering the excellent Deluge, so I did this as simply and sincerely as possible.

The elements in the decor are my "pagan" altar, I honor life there, and my dead animals or humans, and it allows me to always keep a link with nature. It has been following me for many years, and elements from different important places for me that have accompanied me in my life are brought together there (stones, mosses, pickings in the forest, etc.) with the Tibetan bowl and the censer, etc.

This is not the case with my other productions, but for this track, if I very humbly allowed a moment of relaxation and inner connection during these 9 minutes, and helped a little to escape, to connect, so I think we can say that in a way there is something spiritual and mystical here :)

Hope this answers to you :)

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Thank you for such a considered response. I would love it if more conversations were like this, focusing more of the creative genesis of our music instead of the technical aspects. And I definitely don't think you need to be a technical master of an instrument in order to create something beautiful with it. If anything, The Arrival has come at a time where I feel ready to step back from complex sound design and sequencing techniques and just make simple, sincere music.

9 minutes was a nice amount of time to sit with those sounds. I will happily do it again now that I know a bit more about your intention. And I'm looking forward to hearing what you do next.

Late response @ Alder_Dice, I'm not used to forums, and often with my head in « potards ». Yes, I agree, talking about the path changes discussion often focused on technology. You're right, sensitivity also allows a lot, without total control. Glad that this moment corresponds to you in your musical approach, and gives you this energy. Your comments are really encouraging. I listened to your work on Bandcamp and your approach is super interesting, I will go back to it. I also posted another track "Nova" maybe you would like it too

tamlyntamlyn LondonBeta Tester Posts: 32

Wow I really like this. Third listen so far!

The long, slowly evolving soundscapes and interesting chord progressions remind me of Craven Faults whose music I also love.

edited April 2022

Thank you @Tamlyn for your comment : ) I have listened Craven Faults and I love it a lot too, a nice musical trip

Post edited by Nölk on