Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Fade in/out for Kit rows

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83
edited December 2021 in Deluge Help

Hello again,
in fact a simple task but don't know what I am doing wrong:
I have a kit wich contains sliced audio in each of its rows (sustained guitar notes). When I put in a "note" into a row, the audio is played back with the start and end points I have set before for each slice.

Now I want to fade in/out of these audio slices individually. I thought I could do it with step automation by successively raising the volume for each pad in this row but that doesn't work. It just lowers/raises the volume of the whole row when I "press pad + adjust volume" .

What am I doing wrong? What is the best way to do fade ins/outs per row and per step? Does step automation also work for the dimly lit "tail" of a audio slice?

Thank you guys!

Post edited by Hannes on

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Step automation applies the value for the entire duration of the note, and returns to other value at the next note.

There is more flexibility by recording knob automation.
    But I think the best option for this purpose would be to just adjust the envelope parameters for each slice (attack and decay/release).

yeah ADSR usage probably is the best method for this!

but regarding step automation: when the sample mode is set to "cut" for example, then the whole sample is shown as bright (first) and dimmed (tail) pads. the step automation obviously does not apply to the dimmed tail of a note, right?! or am I wrong with that? I tried to step automate parameters on the tail end of a note and it did not work.

No. Like I said, the automation lasts until the next note. One value per note. But you can program additional notes during the tail, program their step automation, and then remove the note. That note will be gone but the step automation will remain.

ok got it. the tail pads are not considered as "notes". terminology is sometimes not completely clear to me. because the tail pads to me are "steps" of the sequencer. that's why I thought they could be step-automated. but yeah, whatever...
    Thanks again mate!

No problem 👍🏼