Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

The Deluge just ate my SD card.

I think I found a hardware bug in the Deluge.

It was dark. I was sitting in my bed, after a bedtime music time, trying to insert the same SD card that the Deluge came with by touch alone.

I'm kinda used to full-size SD cards fitting in just one way, with everything being safe otherwise to try. I just fumbled around, being tired. I think I inserted it at an angle.

Here the Deluge ate the SD card. It is rattling freely inside the case now, most certainly not inserted into the SD card slot. I don't believe I tried to insert it into the speaker, since that has vertical openings.

I guess I remove the screws from the top, fish out the card and carry on?

I'd suggest trying to replicate on your end and maybe making the SD card a bit more Remyproof in future hardware revisions...

Comments

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

Hi .. dont remove the screws on top ;)
    try the other side .. :)

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Occasionally they must eat. After 3 days it should come out again.

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

I can confirm that if you enter the SD card at this angle, it will just disappear in the unit.
    You dont need any force to do that.

Cheers

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hey @remy_luisant! If you inserted it on too much of an angle, you might have inserted the card underneath the board. Don't touch the front screws. You can unscrew the back (after unscrewing the nuts for the output jacks etc...), and this should let you get your card out.

More detailed instructions on how to take the back off can be found here:

Let me know how you get on and if (when you get it back and it's inserted straight) everything's still working as it should :smile:

remy_luisantremy_luisant CanadaPosts: 10

Yup. I'm not a stranger to opening things, I managed just fine. Thanks, though!

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Happened to me as well a while ago :D Exhilarating

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Nelson_BaboonNelson_Baboon San FranciscoBeta Tester Posts: 5
    edited February 2018

i have a different problem. I found it difficult to put the card back in after putting new firmware on it. I finally got it in (without forcing very hard, I thought), but now it is totally stuck, and all the screen says is CARD, so I'm not sure what to do. It hasn't fallen inside the machine like the above, but I'm totally down now after just a few hours with my new Deluge. Sigh.

EDIT: ok - didn't want to give up using it today, so I took a chance and it came write out with some needle nose pliers. Then I got it in right. I don't think i've had a machine where this could be screwed up so easily.

Post edited by Nelson_Baboon on
    SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @Nelson_Baboon! Glad you got it out and thanks for the feedback :smile: Is it working properly now? Has the CARD error gone away?

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    Ive ordered a wifi sd card since i know ill be pulling this card in and out alot.
    sstephennsstephenn United StatesPosts: 2

Thank god for this thread. This just happened to me today and I had a low key panic attack. Grateful for the video and the support 🖤

LinePlaneVolumeLinePlaneVolume United StatesPosts: 1

My very first time adding synths to the SD card, this happened to my when putting it back in. Thanks to this thread for solving the mystery of my disappearing SD card.

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52

I believe this should be fixed by attaching a block inside the housing below the hole in new Deluges being sent out to buyers. This won't be easy to introduce in the production process because it can bring in new problems. Hopefully they can work out something because accidents may not happen during preparations for a live set.