Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Wavetable Collection

Liam_MadgwickLiam_Madgwick Wellington, New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 2
edited December 2021 in Wavetables

Wavetables for the Deluge!
Most come from Serum, and I've added some extra wavetables I created in serum in a folder named LiamsWaves.
There are around 150 wavetables in this collection.

Playing around with these in the Deluge is a lot of fun and can lead to some super interesting, ever morphing synth patches.

Download from G-drive here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q8l3ruKd6uf7zr0NCiJGQYJ37GML6ESM?usp=sharing

Post edited by Liam_Madgwick on

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited December 2021

Note, Liam is one of our staff and an alpha tester, these are just being placed here so people have something to explore with as soon as the beta is released, which it is not...yet.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    oneANToneANT ɹǝpun uʍop puɐlPosts: 73

am very much looking forward to playing with them.
    many-many thanks Liam.

ant

doodloodoodloo Lisbon, PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 37

Thanks a lot for sharing @Liam!

micaelazevedomicaelazevedo portugalBeta Tester Posts: 7

Thank you =) Lets try it now!

ACowCalledMooACowCalledMoo London Beta Tester Posts: 3

Hi :)
    Where do i put these files on the SD card to test Wavetables?

Liam_MadgwickLiam_Madgwick Wellington, New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 2

@ACowCalledMoo Create a new folder called Waves in your Samples folder. E Z! :smile:

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

thanks for sharing liam, it's nice to have a huge collection right off the bat, especially being new to handling wavetables. really diggin how single cycle waveforms are handled now with the deluge as wavetables to allow for pulse width changes. game changer for recreating analog synth patches.

ACowCalledMooACowCalledMoo London Beta Tester Posts: 3

@Liam_Madgwick said:
    @ACowCalledMoo Create a new folder called Waves in your Samples folder. E Z! :smile:

Thanks Liam and thanks for sharing. They sound amazing!

lectrolooplectroloop CologneBeta Tester Posts: 18

Thx for sharing 🙋🏻‍♂️

KevvyKevvy ScotlandBeta Tester Posts: 13

My Pleasure :-)

BebopBebop GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 23

Thx Liam and Kevvy, there is much to do. 💪

netradskynetradsky AucklandBeta Tester Posts: 2

Thank you!

BolganiBolgani SuomiPosts: 61

Just found these. OMG, they are fun! Thank you!

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 45

Thanks for sharing these! Just learned about this functionality 😍

Fabi_OhmyamFabi_Ohmyam ItalyPosts: 29

what is the difference between single cycles and wavetables , and how they works differently on Deluge ?

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@Fabi_Ohmyam said:

what is the difference between single cycles and wavetables , and how they works differently on Deluge ?

Single cycles and wavetables are both types of audio waveforms used in digital sound synthesis, but there are some key differences between them.

A single cycle waveform, as the name suggests, is a waveform that consists of a single cycle of a periodic waveform such as a sine, square, or sawtooth wave. These waveforms are typically used as the building blocks for more complex sounds in subtractive synthesis, where a filter is used to shape the harmonic content of the waveform.

In contrast, a wavetable is a collection of single cycle waveforms that are organized in a table and can be scanned through in real time to create complex sounds. Wavetable synthesis allows for the creation of more complex and evolving sounds than single cycle waveforms alone, as the movement through the wavetable can create interesting spectral changes and timbral variations.

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

Fabi_OhmyamFabi_Ohmyam ItalyPosts: 29
    edited May 2023

@volsteh thanks for helping...
    Single cycle waveforms are wave files of sampled waveforms right ? I never used this option, also because almost shadowed and thought it was rather better to wait for the moment wavetable will come out. I was not much discussed really in the community and in the manual is positioned after the arpeggiator ... so , I was "why I should use it " ? So now it here but it seams to understand that wavetables are actually better.
    In the manual :

"Single-cycle waveforms are best used in a wavetable" "The wavetable navigation parameter is not available for single cycles." , so why they are better used as wavetables instead of "single cycles" if they can't scan whatever ?
    So now that there is the wavetables what could be a better use than just imitating wavetables or analog modelling, than using actual wavetables orthe v.a. syntheiszer ?

While I try learn how to use wavetables , now I am trying to understand why to use single cycles waves -

Post edited by Fabi_Ohmyam on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

SCW are super-powered when used as wavetables (vs being used as samples before 4.0) because now you can adjust the pulse width of each SCW giving a lot more options to adjust timbre for each SCW. adjusting pulse width wasn't/isn't available for samples. you can't scan through the wavetable of a SCW (since it's just one cycle), but it's still recognized automatically as a wavetable so you can take advantage of the pulse width option

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@reza said:
    SCW are super-powered when used as wavetables (vs being used as samples before 4.0) because now you can adjust the pulse width of each SCW giving a lot more options to adjust timbre for each SCW. adjusting pulse width wasn't/isn't available for samples. you can't scan through the wavetable of a SCW (since it's just one cycle), but it's still recognized automatically as a wavetable so you can take advantage of the pulse width option

good stuff, thanks!

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?