Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

3.2 Firmware Tease (MPE record and playback)

13»

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

@ctornieri I'd say that it's very very unlikely and if you're thinking of buying a deluge in the hopes that this will come in a future update, you shouldn't buy it (yet).

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

So, nothing happening then? Kind of sad to drag this out more then half a year. But in any case: the Deluge is a masterpiece in its own right. Having said that, when is the update coming?

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 154

Patience

CdGCdG Posts: 2

<3

ctornierictornieri CanadaPosts: 3

@Heptagen said:
    @ctornieri I'd say that it's very very unlikely and if you're thinking of buying a deluge in the hopes that this will come in a future update, you shouldn't buy it (yet).

No I already own one but I was about to sell it. Not because the Deluge is a bad machine. It is a really good machine but because for my workflow this is missing.

Anyway we’ll see.

HerwrHerwr New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 9

56> @ctornieri said:

@Heptagen said:

No I already own one but I was about to sell it. Not because the Deluge is a bad machine. It is a really good machine but because for my workflow this is missing.

Anyway we’ll see.

I originally thought an external interface would be a good addition (still do), however I worked around it by getting a few inexpensive external desktop synths and sequencing them form the Deluge over MIDI.

For me this really works really well, as I have a lot more easily accessible control over the sounds, can process them independent with guitar pedals or even plugin fx, but still have the flexibility of the great Deluge sequencer.

As much as I think USB audio IO would still be a great addition, I feel it's not really a hinderance to work around and the options for diverse sounds become even better with cheap units like Volca's / Nu:Tekt / Behringer TD-3 etc... etc.
    We're spoilt for options these days

ctornierictornieri CanadaPosts: 3
    edited October 2021

@Herwr said:
    56> @ctornieri said:

@Heptagen said:

Anyway we’ll see.

I originally thought an external interface would be a good addition (still do), however I worked around it by getting a few inexpensive external desktop synths and sequencing them form the Deluge over MIDI.

For me this really works really well, as I have a lot more easily accessible control over the sounds, can process them independent with guitar pedals or even plugin fx, but still have the flexibility of the great Deluge sequencer.

As much as I think USB audio IO would still be a great addition, I feel it's not really a hinderance to work around and the options for diverse sounds become even better with cheap units like Volca's / Nu:Tekt / Behringer TD-3 etc... etc.
    We're spoilt for options these days

Agree we have so many options. I think my workflow is more simple. I want to use the Deluge as a sequencer and controller mainly for its internal synths and iPad synths. So being able to just plug the Deluge directly into the IPad usb-c port and mix everything inside the iPad through usb while monitoring on the Deluge headphone jack would be awesome. I do that with the OP-Z and it is really cool because I don’t need any dongle or audio interface. Just the op-z and the IPad.
    But this is probably not the typical use case.

Post edited by ctornieri on
    BurtrudeBurtrude U.K. Posts: 18

When is the new firmware planned for release?
    Thanks!

@Burtrude you won't get an answer on this because nobody knows :)

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

@Heptagen said:
    @Burtrude you won't get an answer on this because nobody knows :)

Probably not before Deluge 2 is released.

Ian_Jorgensen
    Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited November 2021

@Burtrude said:
    When is the new firmware planned for release?
    Thanks!

Sorry that we don't even talk about it. Just felt it was better to shut up and just deliver it when it was ready rather than continue teasing etc. We totally appreciate the update is overdue and people have been very patient.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    vygervyger Portland, OR USAPosts: 13

@Ian_Jorgensen said:

Sorry that we don't even talk about it. Just felt it was better to shut up and just deliver it when it was ready rather than continue teasing etc. We totally appreciate the update is overdue and people have been very patient.

The deluge continues to be the glue that brings all my other gear together, adding and testing all of these features to an already nearly perfect instrument can't be easy or quick. I have all the patience in the world for you and Rohan. Godspeed!

Fabi_OhmyamFabi_Ohmyam ItalyPosts: 29

I understand that someone is in rush , for some reason, and absolutely need everything there ready . I truly understand that feeling as I was a one that did not buy machines for years exept for multitimbral module I could attach to any daw, and I then had Squarp Pyramid .

The 3.2 will be very much a great update because if it takes so much time to come it means that it will be a more serious one and I relate that to my last experience with an hardware sequencer , just mentioned before.
    Counts that Deluge is more than a sequencer, counts its also the synthstrom's first big world experience in marketing, and the size of their team.

Of course there will be always something left to complain , as I wish , one day they @synthstrom will input the usb disk drive , even in their last update ( " this would endure This Deluge for decades !!!" ) , but if it will not come I am happy already with everything because with this update it is going to match the world class sequencers , and this is fat fat !
    while being still all in all magical and stylish groove box <3

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 154

;) Cooool

Soon_ForgetSoon_Forget USAPosts: 18

Time to start looking into the Linnstrument some more! Maybe we need a MPE controller thread. Roli looks interesting, but Roli went bankrupt recently and is re-branding. The Linn does seem expensive for a controller, but it seems like it is an instrument that will stand the test of time versus disposable technology ... it's been out for close to 7 years so I don't know of any oversights in the original design (outside of personal preferences in pads).

I figure the best thing I can do right now is learn to use the Isomorphic keyboard on the Deluge ... I mean really use it for a month solid and see if I gel with it. If it makes sense to me, I think I will find it hard to resist picking a Linnstrument up when 3.2 is released.

OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67

@Soon_Forget said:
    Time to start looking into the Linnstrument some more! Maybe we need a MPE controller thread. Roli looks interesting, but Roli went bankrupt recently and is re-branding. The Linn does seem expensive for a controller, but it seems like it is an instrument that will stand the test of time versus disposable technology ... it's been out for close to 7 years so I don't know of any oversights in the original design (outside of personal preferences in pads).

I figure the best thing I can do right now is learn to use the Isomorphic keyboard on the Deluge ... I mean really use it for a month solid and see if I gel with it. If it makes sense to me, I think I will find it hard to resist picking a Linnstrument up when 3.2 is released.

good idea, use what you have first and try to get the most out of it. You may find if you get to a certain level of technical proficiency that you'll want pressure sensitivity, in which case Linnstrument makes sense. If you are inspired by a keyboard layout a step beyond even the Linnstrument would be a Haken fingerboard or Osmose when it becomes available.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

An MPE controller/device specific thread is a great idea. Do it :)

RoMaRoMa MoscowPosts: 2

I got a Deluge to play with iPad - so it’s great to play iPad synths with that keyboard that geluge provideded! (i still need to open its other possibilities ) But I cannot use a onboard sounds played in iPad daw (‘AUM)….so maybe it’s gonna be possible in that update? To use its sequestered to play iPad synth across its own simontaniusly! And plug it wit cme midi host! It’s seems my dream Across with MPE mode- to play with Haken Continium mini sounds ….which is most wanted options …that is would be possible?

JoangeJoange EspañaPosts: 52

Hi everybody, just checking in about the new firmware. Everything alright? :)

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

hey @Joange, beta for firmware v4.0 (renamed from 3.2) has been going on since december. i can't speak about when exactly it will be ready for public release, but i feel like a month or two is a decent expectation to expect! you can sign up for the beta in the beta signup category on the forums if you're curious on trying it out. most of the big bad bugs have been squashed so it's not a bad time to jump in!

SjonSjineSjonSjine NederlandPosts: 23

Hey!
    ;)
    Everything good over there I hope?
    SJONSJINE

Hey @SjonSjine! Beta version 8 was released about ten days ago,

JoangeJoange EspañaPosts: 52

@reza said:
    hey @Joange, beta for firmware v4.0 (renamed from 3.2) has been going on since december. i can't speak about when exactly it will be ready for public release, but i feel like a month or two is a decent expectation to expect! you can sign up for the beta in the beta signup category on the forums if you're curious on trying it out. most of the big bad bugs have been squashed so it's not a bad time to jump in!

thank you for the feedback! I'm not very inspired lately, so I was waiting for the new firmware to boost my motivation...!

Fabi_OhmyamFabi_Ohmyam ItalyPosts: 29

The certainty about the upcoming MPE record and playback features is enough for to be happy waiting .....

In my opinion, after this release I would be happy to wait even an other year of teasing more if only Synthstrom would talk about USB as audio connection as well.

I think that depending of the value, the waiting could be almost a pleasure :wink: