โ€บ
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Rename Synths and Kits?

OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67

I notice that the manual indicates that sounds within Kits and Tracks within Arrangements can be renamed. Is it possible to assign a name to Synths and Kits themselves, rather than just seeing a numerical value on screen?

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited December 2021

yes, in the arranger view, hold audition+NAME, hit enter on qwerty keyboard to rename clips, same in a kit clip to rename rows

Post edited by volsteh on

๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†…๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ฒ๐Ÿ…ด ๐Ÿ…ณ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ป๐Ÿ†„๐Ÿ…ถ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    yes, in the arranger view, hold audition+NAME, hit enter on qwerty keyboard to rename clips, same in a kit clip to rename rows

Sorry I realize I didn't write my questions as clearly as I could have. I was asking if it's possible to rename Synths and Kits rather than just seeing a number associated with each. Thanks for chiming in originally either way!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993
    edited December 2021

Volstehโ€™s instructions are indeed how you name instruments and audio tracks within a song. In that particular song, the new names will be present in song and clip views.

If you want to change the synth or kit preset names for future use in other songs as well, you have to save the preset using save + synth/kit. You can then give the preset a name and then navigate to the old number version with load + synth/kit and delete it with shift + delete, if you like.

The first method is great for using generic descriptive names like โ€œbassโ€ or โ€œdrumsโ€ for quickly finding those parts of the song.

Second method is more about replacing the numbers with actual preset names like โ€œBassic Square PWMโ€

Post edited by Too_Mere on

Thanks guys