Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How can I find my recorded "Audio x" file?

Dear forum

I recently recorded an audio track (or is it called clip):

Restart Deluge
Select song mode
Select a pad and press down the select button (display said "Audio 1")
Press learn/input and the same pad/row again and select "Stereo."
Insert jack in line in and start playback of what I want to record.
Press record
Press play
Press launch key to stop recording
Press a pad in the row below
Select kit
Press audition and kit button at the same time
Turn the select button to find the newly recorded file propably named "Audio 1" in the folder "Record" - but it's not there, just "- - - -"? Where is it?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong - or a workaround to acheive what I'm after is necessary:

What I'd like to do:
As I'm currently learning a jazz solo I'd like to be able to loop different parts of the recording. First, listening to bars 1-5, after that bars 6-9 etc...
When I start playback I will hear the selected loop instead of starting playback from the beginning of the recording.

My current situation:
I use the audio track for listening and I have to press down and hold the upper left button when I press play in order to start playback further into the recording. And repeat that process numereous times.

Best Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

Audio recorded into audio clips is stored in the CLIPS folder under SAMPLES. The audio is first stored in a TEMP folder until saving the song.
    So after you record the audio clip, save the song. Then within the audio clip use the browse shortcut. This will preview the sample from within the browser, putting it into focus for the next step.
    Then you can go into the kit and when you press blank audition + load it should jump right to the sample in the browser. Press select and it’ll be loaded into the kit.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

When loading the file into a new kit press and hold select. Then you’ll be able to select SLICE. You can then pick the number of slices you’d like to slice it into. Now each row will be a different part of the audio file. You can also use the waveform shortcut to fine tune the timing of each slice. This can also be done manually by simply loading multiple rows and adjusting the waveform start for each.

Answers

Thanks once again Too_Mere! :-)

I created a new kit and set its length to be a large number of bars (I don't actually know how long the recording is and the tempo isn't fixed). I added the audio clip in the way you told me and clicked on the first pad to the left which gave me a length totalling the "large number of bars". So now it's playing back from the start when I press play - but in a kit.

How would you go about getting to result I'm looking for?:

I'd like to be able to loop different parts of the recording. First, listening to bars 1-5, after that bars 6-9 etc... I will need to listen to each part many times, maybe 100's of times to listen and learn exactly what's being played.
    When I press play I want to hear the selected loop instead of starting playback from the beginning of the recording.

My current situation/what is a little tedious to do hundreds of times:
    I use the audio track for listening and I have to press down and hold the upper left (scroll) button when I press play in order to start playback further into the recording. And repeat that process numereous times.

All the best.

Thanks!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem! 👍🏼