Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Loop point/trim causing audio artifacts in sample.

gamecatgamecat Brighton UKPosts: 10

So I have a simple short bass line from the line in I'm sampling straight to song view. It sounds great until I try and adjust the start and end loop points on the waveform editor. It suddenly sounds slightly distorted and weird. I'm not stretching or transposing literally just setting the in out loop points. Any help appreciated.

Comments

edited November 2021

Here is an example. Maybe I have a setting wrong but I'm following youtube video processes and the process in the manual although I'm assuming there is no blue loop bar anymore as mine just wont appear when I hold the green bar and press a pad next to it so I'm assuming the looping in the waveform has changed. You can hear how choppy and weirdly stretched it gets as though its trying to stretch it to the original length of the sample. Probably a setting I've missed so any help welcome.

Post edited by gamecat on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Audio clips do use stretching to fit the audio to the size of the clip if they otherwise wouldn’t match. Moving the red end marker in clip view (not waveform view) will not cause stretching.
    For example, let’s say you record a two measure audio loop. You can change the red end marker in clip view to shorten it to one measure without causing warping. BUT if you instead just go into waveform view and shorten the start or endpoints, it will stretch that section to still fill two measures, as that’s the length of the audio clip.

edited November 2021

Thanks I thought that may be the case. So I tried to add in a loop (blue line) but holding down the green bar and pushing a pad next to it but it didn't create the loop point. Is this feature still on the Deluge?

I've seen videos of people using the loop in and loop out bars in the waveform view but it just doesn't work for me.

Saying that this guy has no problems. Check about 1:55

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

He’s using a kit clip, loading the samples onto a kit row. The loop markers are only available in kits or synth clips. Audio clips in song view will always loop from start to end.

edited November 2021

Ok great thanks for the info.
    I've worked it out now. Each method has its own work flow. Pretty amazing possibilities though.