Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to access audio input options?

galengalen Beta Tester Posts: 22

Page 164 of the manual states that "Several audio input options are available for recording" but I'm not able to find how to access these options on the Deluge. Where can I do this?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

I believe the manual explains this on the next page under “SELECTING THE AUDIO IN”.
    In song view, hold Learn/Input and press the audio clip row. Then turn select knob to select the desired input.

Answers

Ah nevermind — found it on the next page, in the "SELECTING THE AUDIO IN" section. Go to song view, hold LEARN/INPUT and press a pad of the row of the audio clip you want to change the audio-in options for.

Thanks!

Thanks! Yeah I was expecting to find it in the settings somewhere, and that gave me tunnel vision.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Right on! 👍🏼

deux_etoilesdeux_etoiles San Francisco, CaPosts: 7

Follow up question: changing the audio input options (as shown on the bottom of page 164) seems to be available only for audio clips and only in Song or Arranger view (and not Clip view, I think). Are these input options available when recording samples directly into a kit or synth osc?

Thanks!

@deux_etoiles said:
    Follow up question: changing the audio input options (as shown on the bottom of page 164) seems to be available only for audio clips and only in Song or Arranger view (and not Clip view, I think). Are these input options available when recording samples directly into a kit or synth osc?

Thanks!

No. These options are for audio clips or oscillator inputs. Sampling to a kit or synth will automatically select either the mic or line in.

@Too_Mere said:
    These options are for audio clips or oscillator inputs.

Okay, how do you set those options for an oscillator input?

Sampling to a kit or synth will automatically select either the mic or line in.

GTK, but just to be clear, the options I mean are Left, Right, Stereo, etc. Are these options available for sampling?

TY!

@deux_etoiles said:

@Too_Mere said:
    These options are for audio clips or oscillator inputs.

Okay, how do you set those options for an oscillator input?

These options are available under oscillator type. Must have a line plugged into line in or mic input.

Sampling to a kit or synth will automatically select either the mic or line in.

GTK, but just to be clear, the options I mean are Left, Right, Stereo, etc. Are these options available for sampling?

These options are not selectable for sampling. I believe it’s chosen automatically, I think it may based on what’s being sent or if the Deluge detects mono or stereo signal. I may be wrong on the detection but I know it’s not selectable in that case.

TY!

@Too_Mere said:
    These options are available under oscillator type. Must have a line plugged into line in or mic input.

Ah! Thank you! I was looking under Record for some reason.

These options are not selectable for sampling. I believe it’s chosen automatically,

Got it.

Knowing that, I found some references in the manual that might be helpful to others who are just learning the ins and outs (ha ha) like me:

• OSC > TYPE: IN (pp.79-80)
    • "In left/right, in right or in left, are automatically available when a physical line in is connected." (p.86)
    • RECORDING AN AUDIO SAMPLE INTO A SYNTH p.176
    • USING A LIVE AUDIO INPUT SOURCE [as oscillator] p.185

Cheers again

Happy to help! 👍🏼