Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Trigger Clock input not working when auto is off

Joe_SheepJoe_Sheep AVL USPosts: 9
edited July 2020 in Deluge Help

Im trying to use a electribe or a volca as a master clock with the deluge and to have the freedom to start and stop it when I like.
When I have the auto start and stop on it works just fine. When It is turn it off, it doesn't receive a signal. I found a bug where it works only when the auto is on while it is synced and when i turn it off it stays synced. but once i press stop it resets the tempo to what it was before it was synced.
here's a video of the issue.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1226CgNXbZXQ_cLM61LFH-EMnGt99slK7/view?usp=sharing

Post edited by Joe_Sheep on

Comments

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

Could you tell me how you've synced the Volca (what steps) as I can't get the Deluge to react (via Gate 4) at all. I've already asked the question on this thread (https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2819/using-the-external-clock-input#latest), but received no answer. In fact you're the first one who seems to have had any luck with external syncing.

Thanks in advance.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

The Deluge does not react to gate 4 because it’s an output. Use clock in instead.

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

@Too_Mere said:
    The Deluge does not react to gate 4 because it’s an output. Use clock in instead.

Of course, the solution was staring me in the face all the time. I was so busy messing with the gates, I'd forgotten there was a clock input :s .

Although it's my own stupidity, I think the manual doesn't explain this well. It talks about trigger clock input and gate 3 and 4, which when you go through the menus the next setting to Gate is tClock: In and Out. I wrongly assumed it was talking about the gates. I looked through the manual a dozen times and couldn't understand what was wrong. However, as soon as you mentioned the Clock Input ... :o !

If Synthstrom could make a tiny edit to their manual, it would be much clearer:

a) Call the clock input on Rear Panel Overview page 6: Trigger clock input
    b) Mention in the CV/Gate part of the manual the Trigger clock input (on the rear panel, see page 6) .....

Everything would be much clearer.

@Too_Mere, thank you soooo much :* .

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem 👍🏼