Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Control tempo by midi - is it possible?

Hi all!
I'm making a song that speeds up and slows down at certain points, and I'd like to be able to control it with a foot pedal. Either an expression pedal, or a pair of footswitches that increase and decrease by a few bpm per click. I'm planning to use looping while playing and recording other instruments, and I don't think I can twiddle the tempo knob accurately enough at the same time.
Is it possible to control the deluge's tempo by midi? Or any other way?
I know it can sync to an external clock, but I don't know how to achieve what I want with any other device either.

Cheers!

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

There is the tap tempo function which can be done with the tap tempo button OR by MIDI command learned in the settings menu. You could use the foot pedal to tap the tempo.

There’s not a way to automate tempo. BUT…
    That tap command is by MIDI note. So if you sequence the note with an uneven rhythm and send it to the Deluge (can be itself with MIDI cable out to in) it will automatically raise or lower tempo. If you time it out and only play the sequence a certain length, you could theoretically hit a target tempo.

Answers