Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is it possible to have different clip/group lengths in song view?

Radius9999Radius9999 Felton, CABeta Tester Posts: 46

I'd like to have a turnaround that is half the length of the original in song view, i.e. 2 measures instead of 4 - so I can choose it as a group before choosing the next group. Is that possible in song view? I tried to cut the measures on all the clips in the group in half, but it just plays it twice even though it's greyed out on the second half.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Is there still a 4 measure playing? If all in the group play are 2 measures it should be able to stop after 2

Yes, 4 measures still play. The group consists of one internal drum track (midi) and 3 audio recordings. I truncated the audio recordings to half their length. But now they just play twice.

edited November 2021

How long is the drum clip? I just tested this and it only seems to play the 2 measure clips twice if a 4 measure clip belongs to the group.

Post edited by Too_Mere on

The drum clip is 2 measures. So are the audio clips that have been truncated. But I guess deluge still sees the audio clips as 4 measures. I guess I'll have to resample them and replace the track in order for this to happen.

I’m wondering if it’s something else. When testing I did record 4 measure audio clips then shortened them to 2 measures and has no issues switching after 2.

Did you have another group that's already 4 measures?

How did you shorten the audio clips? I did it in the clip mode. It puts grey squares where it's been shortened. Are you doing it a different way?

Yes, had the original and other sections with 4 measures.
    I shortened the audio clips by hitting the last column of pads and then moving the red bar. This does show grey pads, depending on zoom level. Make sure you’re shortening to exactly 2 measures.
    Also maybe check that you’re on the latest firmware, 3.1.5

Yes, I'm on the latest firmware. That's exactly what I did. I don't understand why it's not working for me. Attached is 2 pics - Song view and Clip view. The bottom 4 tracks are the group. Can you see any issue? Also, the drums actually stop playing. But the audio repeats.

I'm sorry, I figured it out after I sent you the pics. My drum track was still 4 measures. I had just deleted the notes, not changed the clip length. Sorry I took up your time.

I see the problem. The drum clip is still 4 measures long. There’s only notes for 2. Enter the drum clip and use shift + horizontal knob to shorten the actual clip length to 2 measures