β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

how do I retain fx setting when switching between cloned clips

boisnoisboisnois Posts: 45
edited November 2021 in Deluge Help

hi,

somehow I'm not getting this:
I want to jam between 4 clips (different pitches) but tweak the instrument live and the fx settings when switching between clips.
like a sequencer on a synth - > change the sequence but not the sound...

please help.

thanks

Post edited by boisnois on

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

as far as i know, there is no way to tie all fx/gold knob parameters to each other between different clips of the same preset. it may be possible by using a midi device and learning the same parameters from each clip to one knob on the midi device.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited November 2021

What reza said. You can do this by controlling 1 synth with 4 midi clips. Need to connect midi out to midi in. So you fx the synth clip but the midi clips play the notes etc. This way you can also play a few synths with one melody if you want more than 2 oscillators...

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

wow, super interesting. will try it out..... right......now!
    thanks guys

just to be clear - you mean deluge midi out right back into midi in, yes? a loop.
    how do i assign a midi clip to a synth clip then?

thanks

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@boisnois said:
    just to be clear - you mean deluge midi out right back into midi in, yes? a loop.
    how do i assign a midi clip to a synth clip then?

thanks

That’s correct. Out to in with a cable. You can sequence notes into the MIDI clip, then go to the synth clip you want it to control. Press play and then hold Learn + audition pads of the synth. The MIDI clip should then be learned to the synth instrument.

that amazing. thanks!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem πŸ‘πŸΌ