Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Looper for writing & performing Songs - two examples

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Two songs I wrote using the looper function of the deluge earlier this year. Both were done live in one take but I cut the second one to remove unnecessary repetitions of the loops. The translation of the lyrics is in the description on youtube.
The deluge is just as capable for more "analog" genres like folk indie or singer-songwriter stuff as it is for electronic music, I hope that this serves as a case in point and as an inspiration to create out of the box and explore.
Thanks for listening friends! :)

Post edited by Heptagen on

Comments

percussijanpercussijan GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 50

Both songs are great! I really dig the shuffle-groove and the clap/rimclick backbeat on the first one and the "früh ins Bett" backing vocals staying ( and "nur noch das eine Video noch" :smiley: ) Great work and great singing! Thanks for this :)

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

This are very inspiring. I have hardly played with the looper at all so far. These tracks have made me want to try approaching music in a more spontaneous way.

Thanks for sharing. Great work!

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

Wow you are seriously good. Both are excellent performances, it's nice to hear some singing with the Deluge too. It's quite inspiring as you are using functions of the Deluge I don't always use so maybe I should revisit those. Great work!

Thank you for your kind words friends! Thats very encouraging to read :)

zlentzzlentz Portland, OR USAPosts: 5

Great songs and performances! How are you routing you mic into the deluge? Are you running it through a mixer or mic pre-amp and then using an xlr to 1/4 adapter?

@zlentz Thanks! I run it either through a small analog mixer or an interface and use their 1/4 outputs to pass the signal on to the deluge. So in a way they act as an adapter, no further adapters needed.

soundnomadsoundnomad bernBeta Tester Posts: 20

wundervoll! very peter licht :smile: