Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Running deluge with fx pedal

boblinboblin RussiaPosts: 3

Now i'm on the fence about deluge. I like it so far, judging by the vids it is the kind of workflow that i like
The only thing that's stopping me is the absence of fx loop/cue outputs
I want to, say, my drums to be routed via meris ottobit pedal for some bitcrushing fun and back inside.
Okay as i understand I can't do it in some straight fashion (routing some loops into separate output)
what is the correct workflow then? mute all but drums, send it to pedal via line-out, send it back via line-in and sample it using deluge looper abilities as looper track? Am i missing something? Are there any good vids explaining this type of workflow? Thanks.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

For this, you need to have a splitter going to the input. This separates the L & R inputs and allows two different signals to be routed to separate clips, which can be helpful in other ways too.

Then you need to hard pan the drums, or anything you want to process externally, to one side. Look for stereo delay or reverb here. Send the corresponding output to your effects and back in to the opposite channel. You can then setup an audio clip to record that incoming signal.

boblinboblin RussiaPosts: 3
    edited September 2021

@Too_Mere
    Thanks for the explanation. I think i can live with mono. Is panning there and back an easy operation?
    Another question, will i be able to hear live processed output?

Another question regarding looper functionality of deluge. can it switch straight to overdub after recording? This is necessary to capture fx tails.

Post edited by boblin on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I think it’s pretty easy. It’s pretty much just as I described.
    If you need to monitor the live processed output through the Deluge, you’ll just need to make sure the monitoring track is hard panned to the opposite side of the kit, to avoid a feedback loop in this case. And just monitor from that one mono channel.

And yes, the looper can switch straight to overdub after recording a loop.