Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to record exactly 4 bars ?

Hi,

I'm having a hard time trying to resample a track on a drum kit. Here is what i do :

1 - Solo only this track i want to record ; the track is 4 bars long
2 - Hit PLAY and RECORD at the same time, Deluge starts to record.
3 - Now is my problem : i want the record to be exactly 4 bars long, but Deluge keeps recording forever. I tried to hit PLAY and RECORD for a second time after the record started, hoping it will stop when the 4 bars end, but not, it keeps recording

What am i missing here ?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62
    edited September 2021

If you hit the mute button for that clip row just after you have started recording it will stop recording at the end of the clip.

Post edited by ceetronic on
    discorulesdiscorules BrazilPosts: 38

@ceetronic said:
    If you hit the mute button for that clip row just after you have started recording it will stop recording at the end of the clip.

Thanks for replying, i tried this, but did not work ; if i mute the clip, it stops to playing and the recorded sample will be muted too. When you say mute, you mean in which mode (clip, track or arranger) ?

Can you just put the four bars in the arranger, and then do record+play?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

im assuming you are trying to resample while in clip view of the kit. to begin resample, hold RECORD first then PLAY, now you don't have to worry about hitting the buttons at the same time. then repeat the same record+play (hold record first then press play) before the sequence reaches the end of the 4 bar loop for it to auto stop resampling when it reaches the end of the loop.

if you try that and it still continues to record after the 4 bars then something else is going on.

the mute suggestion ceetronic mentioned is when you want to have the recording/resample of a specific track to auto-end at the end of it's loop, but in SONG view.

@reza said:
    im assuming you are trying to resample while in clip view of the kit. to begin resample, hold RECORD first then PLAY, now you don't have to worry about hitting the buttons at the same time. then repeat the same record+play (hold record first then press play) before the sequence reaches the end of the 4 bar loop for it to auto stop resampling when it reaches the end of the loop.

if you try that and it still continues to record after the 4 bars then something else is going on.

the mute suggestion ceetronic mentioned is when you want to have the recording/resample of a specific track to auto-end at the end of it's loop, but in SONG view.

Actually i'm trying to record an external synth plugged on Deluge's input. I want to record exact 4 bars so i don't need to apply stretch on the sample after it's recorded.

But the problem is, when i hit RECORD + PLAY, it will start to record , but keeps recording forever until i stop. Then the recorded sample is not 4 bars and i need to edit it manually to fit into 4 bars.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603
    edited September 2021

ok, to achieve this is different given some variables.

you should record your external synth into an audio clip. in this case you should not be resampling because it's easier to get a perfect 4 bar loop recorded from an audio clip when in SONG view. also if you are using the internal metronome, it won't be recorded whereas it would be when resampling.

once your audio clip is set up, you'll ALSO want to have a least one kit/synth clip made (can be empty, but needs to be active [launch/mute pad is GREEN not RED]). by doing this, your telling the deluge not to calculate the BPM after you start and end your audio recording and, instead, to honor the BPM the deluge is set to at the moment. adjust BPM as needed before recording.

now when press record. recording is armed. double check audio clip launch/mute pad is also GREEN. then press play, a click track will count you down (this may or may not be default feature, you can turn it on in menu somewhere). start playing external synth. BEFORE you reach the 4th bar, hit the MUTE pad for the audio clip. this will tell the audio clip to STOP recording right at the end of the 4th bar.

Post edited by reza on

@reza said:
    ok, to achieve this is different given some variables.

you should record your external synth into an audio clip. in this case you should not be resampling because it's easier to get a perfect 4 bar loop recorded from an audio clip when in SONG view. also if you are using the internal metronome, it won't be recorded whereas it would be when resampling.

once your audio clip is set up, you'll ALSO want to have a least one kit/synth clip made (can be empty, but needs to be active [launch/mute pad is GREEN not RED]). by doing this, your telling the deluge not to calculate the BPM after you start and end your audio recording and, instead, to honor the BPM the deluge is set to at the moment. adjust BPM as needed before recording.

now when press record. recording is armed. double check audio clip launch/mute pad is also GREEN. then press play, a click track will count you down (this may or may not be default feature, you can turn it on in menu somewhere). start playing external synth. BEFORE you reach the 4th bar, hit the MUTE pad for the audio clip. this will tell the audio clip to STOP recording right at the end of the 4th bar.

Thanks a million, this it exactly what i'm trying to do :smiley: