β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

E-MU Mo' Phatt multi-samples and more

Hey, I've been lurking and learning on my Deluge for the last month or so and really loving it. I grew up on early 2000's grooveboxes and despite some really great sounds in there, the boxes themselves are a bit dated. ENTER THE DELUGE!

So, I've begun multi-samplign my old boxes, starting with my favorite, the MP7, which was the E-MU groove box that has all of the Mo' Phatt presets in it. The sounds are great, and have held up, so here is the first part of them that I have multi-sampled for the Deluge. I used the exact same naming conventions as the original modules, so you can just put the whole folder onto your Deluge card and drill down to the samples you want.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uGjDrhhplfgHlqIc0lVGAvJdhBpbiXfi?usp=sharing

What I would love is for some folks to mess about with the samples, and see what you think. I am multi-sampling automatically (in 44.1 16-bit stereo) but some feedback on how they sound before I keep forging ahead would be great. The good news is I have the modules for the XL7, the World Expedition (live sampled orcania or bass recorder, anyone?!), and the ultra rare Deluxe Orchestra one. So, if folks like what they hear and there is a demand, I will keep going and periodically update the folder.

Have at it, and let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Ryan H.

Comments

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 54

Thank you for sharing, @iluvsa
    I had a look on your Google Drive folder, and there is a lot to take in! ( lot of sub-folders to navigate). I will have a look and let you know how it sounds.

MBC

iluvsailuvsa Los AngelesPosts: 28

@DaEmbassy said:
    Thank you for sharing, @iluvsa
    I had a look on your Google Drive folder, and there is a lot to take in! ( lot of sub-folders to navigate). I will have a look and let you know how it sounds.

MBC

Thanks for checking it out! By the way, I have been sampling every night since this post, there are now over 3GB of samples in the shared folder (SEE LINK ABOVE) for the community, and I am about 3/4 of the way through the Mo' Phatt rack of sounds. Dive in everyone!

Ryan

iluvsailuvsa Los AngelesPosts: 28

Okay, these are officially DONE! I have also included in the same link (see original post) the full list of 512 preset names as a PDF to use as a cheat sheet.

Just as a reminder, to load a multi-sample as a SYNTH into the deluge, you can do the following:

1. In CLIP mode, press SHIFT + SYNTH to create a new synth.
    2. Once a new SYNTH is created, press the SELECT knob to get into OSC1, and then select TYPE.
    3. Choose "SAMP" for the type, then "FILE". Press the SELECT knob again when 'bot-top' appears.
    4. Navigate to your MoPhatt folder, and find a multi-sample you like, and press the SELECT knob to choose it.
    5. Once the waveform appears on the pads, press and hold SELECT until 'MULTI' flashes on the screen. Press SELECT again.
    6. Samples will load for a fraction of a second, then back out of the menus and the samples should be loaded and ready to go!!!

To load a KIT from the kit folder, it's almost the same procedure:

1. In CLIP mode, press SHIFT + KIT to create a new drum kit.
    2. Once a new KIT is created, press the SELECT knob to get into OSC1, and then select TYPE.
    3. Choose "SAMP" for the type, then "FILE". Press the SELECT knob again when 'bot-top' appears.
    4. Navigate to your MoPhatt folder, and find a kit you like, and press the SELECT knob to choose it.
    5. Once the waveform appears on the pads, press and hold SELECT until 'ALL' flashes on the screen. Press SELECT again.
    6. Samples will load for a fraction of a second, then back out of the menus and your whole kit will be available, each sound represented on a row that be auditioned using the rightmost column of pads.

Okay, if folks like these I will keep going with the other E-MU modules I have!

Create, out of the materials of the universe, something that did not exist before!

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Just to add, no need to go to osc1 in both cases, its sufficient to hit browse sample 1 or 2 to load a multisample for a synth, and shift+kit already takes you to browse for a kit sound with the option to load all.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?