β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge saying "Can't" when I try to rename synth sounds

JipmannJipmann UKPosts: 6

Following guidance (holding down audition + name) I get the error "Can't" - this is with both included patches and new ones I have created.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I have latest firmware installed.

Thanks

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited May 2021

cant rename this way, save+synth then enter name. audition+name works in arranger mode.

Edit: in both situations you are saving a new preset.

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

JipmannJipmann UKPosts: 6

@volsteh said:
    cant rename this way, save+synth then enter name. audition+name works in arranger mode.

Edit: in both situations you are saving a new preset.

OK yes I see now - so you can't overwrite existing presets this way? Just create copies of them with a new name?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited May 2021

@Jipmann said:
    OK yes I see now - so you can't overwrite existing presets this way? Just create copies of them with a new name?

To save a preset (synth/ kit) use Save button + synth or kit button, and save with the same name - when you go to save, Deluge will fill in a number at the end to make a new version - to avoid this and overwrite the old one instead, scroll back one to the left with the select knob, then save - you'll be asked to confirm OVERwrite.

The name shortcut is for naming tracks, not presets :)
    They are separate. When you name tracks in arranger, their clips will show up with these names in song view. But the preset will not otherwise have changed, the track name is not saved to the preset.

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

That's right, if you are looking to rename the stock synths, here you can download them already renamed:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOVBIcqcKTu4fvNHrgLUzczEEFNrOLxC/view?usp=sharing

@volsteh said:
    That's right, if you are looking to rename the stock synths, here you can download them already renamed:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOVBIcqcKTu4fvNHrgLUzczEEFNrOLxC/view?usp=sharing

That's not right, presets can indeed be overwritten if that's what you're referring to :)

@Icoustik said:

@volsteh said:

That's not right, presets can indeed be overwritten if that's what you're referring to :)

Really? Didn't know, so what is the procedure?

@volsteh said:

I described it above <3

To save a preset (synth/ kit) via Save button + synth or kit button, and save with the same name - when you go to save, Deluge will fill in a number at the end to make a new version - to avoid this and overwrite the old one instead, scroll back one to the left with the select knob, then save - you'll be asked to confirm OVERwrite.

edited May 2021

@Icoustik said:

@volsteh said:

I described it above <3

To save a preset (synth/ kit) via Save button + synth or kit button, and save with the same name - when you go to save, Deluge will fill in a number at the end to make a new version - to avoid this and overwrite the old one instead, scroll back one to the left with the select knob, then save - you'll be asked to confirm OVERwrite.

Oh right, I was referring to overwrite the same preset with a new name, as the post title was indicating "rename synth sound", so i thought Jipmann wanted to rename stock patches...

Post edited by volsteh on

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

@Icoustik said:

@Jipmann said:

They are separate. When you name tracks in arranger, their clips will show up with these names in song view. But the preset will not otherwise have changed, the track name is not saved to the preset.

Woah thank you!! I never knew what that 'name' button did :D

This is going to make song management way easier

@Affectionate_Bee_781 said:
    Woah thank you!! I never knew what that 'name' button did :D

This is going to make song management way easier

Awesome! Happy to help :)

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

@volsteh Thanks for the pointer to the named stock patches! That was something I wanted to do for a while, but just kept forgetting. Now I don't have to! Woot!

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

revisiting this thread. @volsteh provided all the stock synths presets with names attached. i would love to remove the stock synths and replace with the stock synths including the names for the patches. however i'm under the impression that that can't be done. the stock synths don't repopulate if they are removed right?

OpherOpher ItalyPosts: 2
    edited August 2021

@volsteh said:

Hi, thanks for sharing these! I copied them into the synth folder and deleted the originals but the Deluge now shows "Corr" when I try to scroll through synth presets. I tried putting the original synth presets back on to the SD card but the Corr message is still there. Anyone else had this difficulty and found a way to resolve it? I can eventually scroll past the Corr to see the synths I uploaded, but it would be good to get it fixed or find out what's wrong... Thanks for any help!

EDIT: This is a bigger problem than I thought. I can't open any new synths or kits in song mode. Trying to find a way to reset my SD card... Just get "Corr". Be careful deleting the synth presets! I can copy them back on but this doesn't fix the problem :( Only wanted to better organise the synths but have really messed this up...

Post edited by Opher on

@Opher said:

@volsteh said:

Hi, thanks for sharing these! I copied them into the synth folder and deleted the originals but the Deluge now shows "Corr" when I try to scroll through synth presets. I tried putting the original synth presets back on to the SD card but the Corr message is still there. Anyone else had this difficulty and found a way to resolve it? I can eventually scroll past the Corr to see the synths I uploaded, but it would be good to get it fixed or find out what's wrong... Thanks for any help!

EDIT: This is a bigger problem than I thought. I can't open any new synths or kits in song mode. Trying to find a way to reset my SD card... Just get "Corr". Be careful deleting the synth presets! I can copy them back on but this doesn't fix the problem :( Only wanted to better organise the synths but have really messed this up...

Not sure what's happening with your card, I had no problems with this. Are you on mac? Maybe you have some hidden files/folders/trash etc...

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

this was why i asked how the presets behave with the other pack since the main presets behave differently than presets you make and save on the deluge. i would try removing all of the stock presets, including the stock presets with the titles on them, then putting just the regular stock presets in and seeing what happens.

pianobrypianobry USPosts: 1

@volsteh said:

@Opher said:

@volsteh said:

Not sure what's happening with your card, I had no problems with this. Are you on mac? Maybe you have some hidden files/folders/trash etc...

This was my problem. I was experiencing the "Corr" error also, but it turned out that I had the 171 Synth XMLs (named versions) and another hidden 171 Synth XMLs (named versions with ._ as a prefix). I think you're right, the MacOS added something on my behalf. I did the procedure in Windows and deleted the extra (hidden) files. This requires you to enable the visibility of hidden files in Windows.

OpherOpher ItalyPosts: 2

Hi again, realise it might be useful to belatedly update on this for anyone else who has the same experience. On Macs there are hidden files, yes, but you can reveal these by pressing [command] + [shift] + [.] This didn't reveal any hidden files in my synths folder but did show up the hidden trashes etc. I never really got to the bottom of what was missing where, but I believe the same thing was happening to me as pianobry suggests in the previous comment. Whatever the cause I needed to remove my synths folder and replace it with the factory version (which I found easily in the downloads section at the bottom of the Synthstrom website β€” thank you for this!) Into this I then re-added my own synth files, and have renamed the presets manually. It didn't work the other way around, that is, adding the factory presets back into the corrupted folder. Hope this helps anyone else who stumbles upon this thread.

All the best to everyone for a happy new year of making music on this wonderful machine!