Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Merging/consolidating sequencer clips

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Greetings.

I like to create chord progressions by programming a single chord per clip, then experimenting with the order in which I launch them before settling on a final sequence.

Is it possible for the series of clips to be consolidated/merged in the arranger, allowing me to then copy/edit the whole sequence as one?

I haven't been able to find anything in the manual or on here about it, but I thought I'd check before I start experimenting with MIDI cables. I have a hunch that I could convert the clips to MIDI clips then send them down a cable back into the input where another channel can record the notes into a single clip. It doesn't feel like the most elegant solution though!

Thanks, Joe

Tagged:

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

There’s currently no way to consolidate or merge clips. The MIDI in to out solution you mentioned may be your best bet. The other option would be copying and pasting each clip into a single clip. The best option probably depends the number of clips you’re working with.

Answers

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Thanks so much for the quick reply @Too_Mere

I hadn't considered manually copying and pasting the clips into a longer one. I'll try that first.

Thanks again.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem 👍🏼