Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to restore a preset

galengalen Beta Tester Posts: 22

Hi all,

I imagine this should be super simple, but I can’t figure out how to do it. Say I’m in clip mode and I’ve loaded synth preset 1. I adjust various synth parameters like attack and filter cutoff, and then decide I don’t like the changes I’ve made and I want to throw them away and reload preset 1. How do I do this? From what I can see the changes I’ve made remain on staged on top of preset 1 until they are saved to a (possibly new) preset. (I.e., if I select preset 2, then reselect preset 1, the unsaved changes I’ve made to preset 1 are still present.) But saving my junk preset in the name of restoring preset 1 seems very round-about.

Is there a way to simply throw out all unsaved changes I’ve made to a preset, restoring all the preset’s original parameters?

Thanks!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You can do this by cloning the preset.
    Press load + synth. The preset name/number should already be in the display.
    Then long press load until CLONe shows on the display. Press load once more.
    The preset will load with original settings and a suffix of A or 2.

Thanks that works, though I have to say I find this behavior rather strange.

So is the following understanding correct?

• Modifications to a preset are immediately saved to a song-local version of that preset. For example, if I (1) create a new clip, (2) load up preset 1, (3) max out the filter cutoff, and (4) change the clip’s preset to preset 2, then within this song preset 1 will still have its filter cutoff maxed out. In a new song, however, preset 1 will not have its cut off maxed out.
    • Cloned presets that have not been saved to the global preset list are also local to the song, and will appear in the song’s preset list, and in no other songs’ preset lists.

Thanks!

That’s correct on both points. Songs save their own copies of presets which can be helpful in many cases. :)

That’s very helpful — thank you!

No problem! 👍🏼