Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

[Chill Beats] Nobody - My first deluge performance

SakuneraSakunera AustraliaPosts: 6

Hey you :) Hope you're doing well.

Never got around to sharing this one on here. It was recorded the week I got my Deluge. Quite a bit of time has come since then, and many a jam has come and gone... But this track resonates with me so much still. I even put it up on Spotify because I like it so much!

I have since gotten some gear to record better quality videos. No more of these crunchy shots haha

Post edited by Sakunera on

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Very nice vibe. And it has a laidback flow to it. Some sounds could have been less digital and cold, but thats just my taste. This track was probably "meant differently" and I enjoyed it. :smile:
    I also liked the slightly unexpected chord progression and how you made up that solid arrangement on the fly. And how you mixed in some performance elements by playing some notes live. Very well done.

The second track I did on the deluge is very precious to me, too. I feel like its one of the best I ever did. Maybe I will upload it here when its finished. So interesting how even "beginner projects" on the deluge can be so good. I can't say that about the first tracks in my daw. :sweat_smile:

I feel like the deluge is the perfect Chill Hop / LoFi Beats / etc. machine. Sampling is just so nice and just like in your track one can have all the clips on all eight rows laid out like on a canvas, available for on-the-fly arranging. Red Means Recording even did a complete liveset for the lofi festival on the deluge, it works really well.

SakuneraSakunera AustraliaPosts: 6

Thanks for the response. Glad you enjoyed it :)
    That lofi festival set was the catalyst for me purchasing my Deluge. I completely understand why he had an ipad running with a cheat sheet for each track.

When you come over to the Deluge after working on music for a while, you skip all the learning basic concepts stages and can actually just explore it with a more open creative mindset, and I really like how it follows your expectations and workflow concepts that a DAW would expect from you. Somehow makes it really intuitive even if you have to figure out the path to what you want the first few times.

I'd love to hear the track you mentioned when it's done :)

@Sakunera said:
    I'd love to hear the track you mentioned when it's done :)

There you go :)

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

I dig this track! Laid back, an enjoyable listen :smiley:

@Sakunera said:

When you come over to the Deluge after working on music for a while, you skip all the learning basic concepts stages and can actually just explore it with a more open creative mindset, and I really like how it follows your expectations and workflow concepts that a DAW would expect from you. Somehow makes it really intuitive even if you have to figure out the path to what you want the first few times.

Yeah I really resonate with this!

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

@Heptagen I was actually responding to @Sakunera :D

Just listened to your track though - lots of fun! The bass sounds great - is that an electric bass or a synth?

edited July 2021

Haha sorry! :sweat_smile:
    The bass is a "fretless bass" multisample. Glad you like it!

Post edited by Heptagen on