Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Selective Perspective (inspired by Steve Reich)

Making the deluge do what it does best: looping through five different piano patterns with different lenghts each.

Comments

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Nice one! I enjoyed that a lot. I've been thinking about exploring looping more and you've just inspired me to get stuck in and do it.

The growly bass sound is excellent, but I do wonder what the piece would sound like with a less bright bass sound - one that allows the pianos to define the the overall vibe in a more subtle way... not that it doesn't work just fine as it is of course.

Keep em coming :)

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Thanks for your kind words! Inspiring others is the best I could hope for 😊
    If you ever make your own version of this idea make sure to link it here, I'd love to hear it!

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 54

I enjoyed listening to your piece @Heptagen

Did you sample the piano elements yourself with the Deluge? Or sample them with another piece of hardware and import into the Deluge?

I look forward to some more from you.

Michael

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Thank you!
    No I did not sample the piano myself. I downloaded a free multisample from somewhere ("Steinway Grand Piano", I don't remember where I got it). Every key has its own sample. It is meant to work with velocity layers, so it has the folders "low" and "high". Since the deluge doesn't do velocity layers, I only used "low".
    If you're interested in the samples I can share them :)
    A brilliant resource for free multisamples is https://www.pianobook.co.uk/ by Spitfire co-founder Christian Henson.

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

Very enjoyable listen! Thanks for sharing, I'm inspired as well :smile:

Cool to hear that coming from the multi-sampled abilities of the Deluge. FWIW, I think the Deluge can sorta do 2 velocity layers by loading each sample into an oscillator and then modulating their volumes (positive for high velocity and negative for low velocity) by velocity.