Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

My video to introduce the Deluge to the uninitiated (via YouTube)....

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I'll be honest @Will : One of the first posts I saw from you was about your progress on the pedal powered music station and I only realize now that I judged you for it. I projected from myself unto you and thought that if I built that, it would surely be because I fell in the trap again of thinking nice gear will make me a good musician and I would never make music with it. I apologize for thinking low of you and thank you so much for proving me wrong!
    I am so humbled by your amazing ambience tracks! They're so inspiring, there are so many things to learn from them.
    Thank you so much for your music!

As for the introduction video to the deluge: I found it entertaining and very fit for its purpose. You have a nice energy and flow, especially while talking. I'm sure there will be at least some people who will be convinced by your honest explanation and the powerful demonstration in the second half of the video.

@Heptagen said:
    I'll be honest @Will : One of the first posts I saw from you was about your progress on the pedal powered music station and I only realize now that I judged you for it. I projected from myself unto you and thought that if I built that, it would surely be because I fell in the trap again of thinking nice gear will make me a good musician and I would never make music with it. I apologize for thinking low of you and thank you so much for proving me wrong!
    I am so humbled by your amazing ambience tracks! They're so inspiring, there are so many things to learn from them.
    Thank you so much for your music!

As for the introduction video to the deluge: I found it entertaining and very fit for its purpose. You have a nice energy and flow, especially while talking. I'm sure there will be at least some people who will be convinced by your honest explanation and the powerful demonstration in the second half of the video.

WOW! How considerate of you to post this. We all make judgments - often unconsciously, about people and the world around us.....nothing to worry about. It was awesome to read your message. Honestly, I'm never really sure how much I have to offer about any of this these days or if people will even be interested, etc., so it's great to get some positive feedback. I do appreciate it. As far as ability, I actually am quite a hack as a keyboard player. I played drums professionally for many, many years, and also worked as a studio producer, engineer, and I play other instruments. You might get a kick out of seeing the intro to this video - which shows me performing back in the 70's, 80's & 90's:

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

You have such an intense and fun past! Very cool to see you transfering your experience and knowledge to modern day instruments and genres. That is something only someone like you can offer and I have the feeling that here and there I can hear the past shimmer through in your ambiences. Very nice!

@Heptagen said:
    You have such an intense and fun past! Very cool to see you transfering your experience and knowledge to modern day instruments and genres. That is something only someone like you can offer and I have the feeling that here and there I can hear the past shimmer through in your ambiences. Very nice!

Yes, it's been quite a ride. Happy to living in a very quiet, remote area now, and have time to keep some assorted music projects happening......Hope things are good at your end, wherever you are......