Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Song Mode Recording fail..

Stick44Stick44 AustraliaPosts: 27
edited July 2021 in Deluge Help

...OK success in routing audio out of my DAW into the Yammy USB mixer (Driver issue) ....BUT trying to Record a Clip into 'Song View " ??? No good....Ive done the Manual.. (pages 165/166) set it up correctly...watched the Tutorial (looping in song mode) a few times...Ive tracked the Audio into the Delly, so there's signal going in, the recording displays like its working,but when I go to playback..nothing...any ideas?..Ive even tried recording with the mic,still a scrubber

Post edited by Stick44 on

Comments

Just got a Deluge, and I think I'm having a similar issue. I'm not using a DAW though.

I can record a new audio clip just fine with no metronome. No issues there.

When I try to record a new audio clip with the metronome and count in enabled, the track looks like it's recording while I play (LEDs on the track light up when I hit a note), but nothing plays back when I stop recording and play the track back.

I can record the first clip with no metronome, and then record the second clip with a metronome and count in, and everything records well and the clip plays back.

I assume this is user error, but I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stick44Stick44 AustraliaPosts: 27

..In Song View... Dont press 'Play' to stop the recording..(like Me) you have to press the Recording Tracks 'Lauch Key to Stop/Save your Track...hope that helps...

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@Stick44 said:
    ..In Song View... Dont press 'Play' to stop the recording..(like Me) you have to press the Recording Tracks 'Lauch Key to Stop/Save your Track...hope that helps...

Indeed!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Welp, that was it, kind of embarrassing to make such a simple mistake. Took me a minute to figure out that the next tracks need to be recorded while the unit is playing - if you start from the beginning, the Deluge looks like it's recording, but again doesn't play back. I think I've got it all sorted now, but I'm definitely going to have to look into a midi footswitch.

Thank you for the help!