Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Loading my own samples

frank1985frank1985 United KingdomPosts: 4
edited July 2019 in Deluge Help

Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to adding my own drum and synth samples?

Say I want to load up a kit containing all my Linndrum samples, how would i do this?

Post edited by frank1985 on

Comments

omgfoadomgfoad StockholmPosts: 8

From the manual:
    "Importing a whole folder of samples as a kit
    To quickly import all audio files within a folder, create a new kit as above, but when selecting your file, press and hold down on the select knob. You can do this either while “looking at” one of the files within the folder, or the folder’s name itself. A context menu will appear, with options you may select from by turning the select knob. Select the “ALL” option by pressing down on the select knob again."

So ideally, you want to have all the linndrum samples in the same folder, that way you can load them all up this way.

frank1985frank1985 United KingdomPosts: 4

Great, thanks, I don’t know how I missed that in the manual

SunhouseSunhouse Uk Posts: 4

Any Help please i have looked all over the web and youtube and I am so lost trying to figure out how to put my own samples onto the SD card
    Can anyone please tell me what folder do I place my samples in?
    Do they have to be a certain size or in order?
    I have tried and tried and looked countlessly for the folder I put in there but it just does not show up on the deluge at all.
    the folder I placed them in on the SD card was the sample folder
    and then also tried the Snynth and drum folder but still, nothing is showing
    If anyone knows of a video on youtube showing this it would be so helpful

Many thanks
    Steve

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

It can be anywhere in the SAMPLES folder.
    And they must be wav or aiff files.

cool thank you dude, Sorry for such a simple question I'm just on the learning curve and going through the finding folders part and its getting frustrating
    Im trying to add some vocal elements one-shots or acapella lead vocals

No problem! Organization is key. Make a VOCALS folder within the SAMPLES folder. That should make it easier to find when adding it to a kit.

Oic i am so used to being able to see what I'm doing as I am an avid Ableton user and only really just getting into using hardware.
    If i am honest I'm struggling a little knowing what buttons to press on the deluge to get to the folder view, i am kinda getting there :) I think when i get this down it's going to help big time as this is such a fantastic little box.
    I sold my Op1 for this to swap workflow as i just didn't vibe well with the Op1 for recording and making full tracks

Nice. I’m an Ableton user as well. There’s some good overlap with basic workflows so hang in there!

In clip view, pressing shift + kit will start a new kit and open the browser to pick the first sound.
    Pressing a blank audition pad within a kit + Load will also open the browser to pick a sound.

YESSS!! bro i got it
    Lol i was kinda doing this originally and not getting anywhere as I was doing it wrong
    I was not pressing the select button to pick the folder to call up the sounds I was re hitting the Load/new button again and taking it back to the start and putting me! in a loop Hahahahah
    Dude, I just resampled a life-changing moment thank you :)

Happy to help! 👍🏼