β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Replace all samples in multisample synth with only one globally

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

I am noob when it comes to multisamples and the manual is sparse on this one. the problem: some multisample synth patches are great. but they eat cpu / ram for breakfast. i want to keep the synth patch but want to replace all the samples with only one (for example C.3). i know i can replace a sample, but that is only for one key. i also know that i can edit the sample range, but this get old quickly when trying to edit 100 synth patches.

so how can i replace all samples in a multisample synth patch (like the wonderful TAL library) with only one sample?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I think you would have to delete all the different range samples from the patch first.
    Or the quickest way would probably be to use the browser shortcut to locate the samples used in the patch. Then initialize the patch with shift + synth. Then use browse shortcut and select bottom-top. The last sample you browsed to should already be in focus, so you can then select and load C3 across the full keyboard.

thx. but this deletes the patch with all the settings.

so currently no way, except manually deleting all ranges (too time consuming) or deleting the patch entirely (not wanted).

Yes, I believe that’s correct.

and again: thank you for your time.

this community is remarkable. a couple of hours and I am now sure what has been a question all day (not the one I liked, but an answer nonetheless). very good indeed.

Happy to help! :-)

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited July 2021

You could make a new patch with fewer samples (for example delete 2/3 of them from the folder then load as multi) then copy the settings from the original xml except for the samples transpose settings (on the computer).

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    You could make a new patch with fewer samples (for example delete 2/3 of them from the folder then load as multi) then copy the settings from the original xml except for the samples transpose settings (on the computer).

Thank you. But then again, the reason for having the Deluge was to get away from the computer. I know, probably everything can be done by it via XML or other wizardry, but it kind of defeats the purpose of owning a device like that.