Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

One external midi keyboard for several external synths

discorulesdiscorules BrazilPosts: 38

Hello,

I have some synths in module format, and i'd like to use the Deluge to play/ sequence all of them. Each synth is on a different midi channel.

To play the synths i'm using an external midi keyboard. I know how to setup the keyboard to send notes for the Deluge.

Problem is, once i use the learn function on the Deluge on the synth A, the keyboard now is fixed on this synth. If i want to play synth B instead, even if i use the learn function on synth B, it will still send notes to synth A.

What i need is a way to toggle between my synths.

For instance, on the Octatrack i could select the synth A track, and my midi keyboard would send notes only to Synth A. If i select Synth B, the keyboard will send notes only to Synth B and so on.

How can i setup the same way on the Deluge ?

Thanks

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If you can’t easily switch MIDI channels on your MIDI keyboard, I’d recommend using the mutes in arranger view. They mute incoming MIDI signals, so if you mute the synth or MIDI tracks you aren’t using atm it should work for what you’re doing.

@Too_Mere said:
    If you can’t easily switch MIDI channels on your MIDI keyboard, I’d recommend using the mutes in arranger view. They mute incoming MIDI signals, so if you mute the synth or MIDI tracks you aren’t using atm it should work for what you’re doing.

Thanks, will mute others channels instead.

Actually i tried muting the synth on song mode, but it still receives the notes even muted. Any other way to mute the incoming midi signal for a specific channel ?

You have to mute in arranger view to mute the incoming MIDI

Sorry, you meant the mutes on the arranger, now it worked, thanks !

No problem! 👍🏼